carbonation in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostn

Reaction score
I am getting ready to keg my 5 gallon batch of IPA. I have three cornies w/ one in the fridge now. I would rather not condition the second container in the fridge for space reasons. Can I condition the keg at room temps? I only have one CO2 container in the frig/freezer now. Can I pressurize the latest batch and sit it inside the house (70 deg. temps.) I would of course purge the air from the system. Will I have to reconnect the co2 supply in a few days to keep the carbonation process going? How does all this work?
I am greatly apprecated w/ any answers. Sorry for the brief question. I am on my third glass of IPA from a previous batch.:D

Michael

You can give the keg a dose of CO2 every day, but when you put it in the fridge, it will be flat until it has a chance to absorb more CO2. But, why not toss 1/2 cup of corn sugar in it and let it condition? Since it will be at 70F anyway and that's the best temperature for natural carbonation. Give it enough CO2 to be certain the seal is set.

Latest posts

Back