Carbonation hot or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBroBrews

Reaction score
So the big question hot or not.

What's best for bottle carbonation.

A warm temp say around 18-24 degrees.

Or a cool temp around 10-17 degrees.

And what's best for carbonation, batch carbing or carbonation drops. Which one do you use and which results have been or would be more consistent.

Are there any pros out there who could share some tips on how to get perfect carbonation every time?

I try to keep my conditioning bottles around 20-22c or 68-72f. I batch carb and have had pretty good luck. I imagine the carbonation would be the safest was to make sure your getting the exact same amount in every bottle. The problem with the drops is what about bottle size. I have 11oz, 12oz, 16oz, 22oz, and 25oz, 50oz bottles. If all my bottles were the same size the drops might make sense.

The yeast in each batch play a big roll in how fast the beer carbonates. If you want to be sure it's going to carbonate properly you might think about adding healthy yeast to the bottling bucket. Some say champagne yeast works well. I don't have any experience with it. I do have a 12.5 RIS that's taking it time carbonating. 2 months and just a little carbonation. Patience is probably the best tip I can give you.

Back