Carbing a keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dongle

Reaction score
So I just finished kegging my beer for the first time (never going back to bottling) and I want it to carbonate as fast as possible. What psi should I set it at and for how long?

25-30 PSI for 24-36 hours at most is a good level to start with. Before serving, be sure to drop it to serving pressure, and release the high pressure, otherwise you will get a foamy mess for quite a while out the tap. If it's not high enough at that point, you can let it go for a bit longer until it gets to where you want.

I crank mine up to 50psi and roll it around in the floor for 30 mins then purge the pressure and drop it down to 10psi over night in the fridge and enjoy it the next day

I have set it to 30 psi and rocked it for 2 mins and its very clOse. 50 psi for 30 mins seems way overboard but that's just me

Toy4Rick

Hopper77 said:
I crank mine up to 50psi and roll it around in the floor for 30 mins then purge the pressure and drop it down to 10psi over night in the fridge and enjoy it the next day

30 psi for 2 minutes won't do anything.

This is how I've carbed every batch for the past two years. Never had a problem and never had to wait more than overnight. By all means try it a few different ways and see which one works best for you

Latest posts

Back