Caramelized peaches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humuluslupulus

Reaction score
Hey there! I had a few peaches gifted to me. They were going bad so after a game plan, I decided to puree them and decided to do a "peach cobbler" esque brew. I went ahead and caramelized the peaches with butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon over the stove. Blended it (pureed) and it's in the fridge (about 32 ounces).

I would love to do a dessert/pastry stout. I know peaches can be hard to work with (the reason why I went ahead and pureed them with the above ingredients). Do you think the taste will come through in a stout? What if I add additional pasteurized peach juice or additional peach puree? Or is there another style of beer you may recommend? I have a brown ale that has been fermenting since Wednesday with french oak, and I wonder if that will be good in it. TIA!

I’ve never used peaches so I can’t offer much insight there. As far as the caramelizing process, one small red flag is raised: the butter. Oils (fat in the butter) are typically avoided by most when brewing. That said, how much will it matter? I don’t know, I depends on how diluted it is by the wort.

If I were you, I’d still give it a go. Add all 32oz, take notes and adjust in the future. Also, start with a reputable recipe.

Back