Canning/Preserves Website & Forum?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sch21c

Reaction score
Looking for a little direction. SWMBO is getting into home canning/preserving. I've told her many times about how great HBT is, and she's asked if there was a website/forum for home canning / preserving that serves the same function. I'm hoping there are some folks here that can point me (her) in the right direction. We've done some searching, but it's hard to know the value of some forums until you've been involved for a while. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!:mug:

Subscribed-

I've been interested in this for a long time as well. I've found individual articles in teh intervebs that have served my needs with significantly varying results. I also would like to know more.

I used to admin PreparedSociety.com. It's a prepper site with a ton of info on canning.

I know some. I have/do make my own jelly and pickles.

Serious? reply or not, no cutting at all. A cucumber with the end cut off will absorb a huge amount of salt from the brine. Batches done this way will be dumpers.

Yet all recipes I've seen note to cut the blossom end?

I did 4 different recipes last year, all cut, all awesome. Ymmv.

To OP, I also recommend

http://nchfp.uga.edu

And there are lots of good books on the topic. I haven't come across any real forums on the topic - perhaps since for food safety they recommend 'official' (lab tested) recipes only.. Unlike beer it is actually possible to hurt yourself with this stuff (unlikely as it may be).

Latest posts

Back