Canadian Yeast Suppliers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevalcider

Reaction score
I'm looking at ordering some yeast online. My local home brew shop has an extremely limited selection. I am wondering if any Canadian brewers have a go to online source for supplies. I've looked at Mid West etc and with the exchange, shipping, customs etc I would rather order from a Canadian source if I could.

I order from ontariobeerkegs.com quite often. If I order Monday morning I always get my stuff by Tuesday afternoon.
I'm in toronto.

OK. I'm in Manitoba an hour and a half out of Winnipeg. I'd expect it would take a couple of days to reach Winnipeg and then another to reach me. Do they ship via Canada Post? I wonder if I should refrain from liquid yeast right now due to the heat...

I order from Ontario Beer Kegs once in a while. I ordered a brew pump from them last Tuesday and it was delivered today. I live on Van Isle
Hopdawgs is also another good one, but I find (weirdly enough) that OBKs shipping is cheaper.

Just placed an order from Ontario Beer Kegs. Under $11 for shipping via Canada Post Expedited Parcel. I've generally had good delivery success with CP and tracking is simple. I'm hoping to see it by the end of the week.

OK. I'm in Manitoba an hour and a half out of Winnipeg. I'd expect it would take a couple of days to reach Winnipeg and then another to reach me. Do they ship via Canada Post? I wonder if I should refrain from liquid yeast right now due to the heat...

Hmmm. Might be a good idea. I know they have a premium shipping option. Don't know what the added costs.would be. But might save the little yeasys a few days in the heat. I've never ordered liquid yeast from them so not sure if they ship with a cold pack.

Hmmm. Might be a good idea. I know they have a premium shipping option. Don't know what the added costs.would be. But might save the little yeasys a few days in the heat. I've never ordered liquid yeast from them so not sure if they ship with a cold pack.

I chose Canada Post Expedited Parcel as a shipping option. FedEx ground was the other option. My wife shops online a fair bit and I am always impressed with CP as a shipper when she orders.

Yes, they do ship with ice packs. Another 75 cents per liquid yeast package.

I have bought from OBK and was happy. Well packed and quickly shipped.

Reality is that the liquid yeasts WILL require a starter. OK, maybe not actually, but if you plan around it...
The stuff is more durable than the online calculators would have us believe, but...

Take a look at Bosa Grape out of Vancouver too.

TeeJo

Hmm, I just got my OBK order today, fast shipping. But, the yeast was produced in May 2015 and we're just into October now. Seems a little on the old side to me.

Hmm, I just got my OBK order today, fast shipping. But, the yeast was produced in May 2015 and we're just into October now. Seems a little on the old side to me.

As far as I could see on my yeasts my production dates were safe. I made starters for all of them so far and have had great success. I had the shipment in southern Manitoba in 6 days, including the long weekend.

They are in Ancaster and they don't have a brick and mortar store front they are in a warehouse and do orders only

Hi, just adding my 2 cents....
I ordered from beergrains.com recently... first time for me. 1 pack of S-04, 72 swing-top bottles and 2 lbs of dextrose (they are in Toronto, I'm in Gatineau, QC, basically Ottawa). I got it NEXT DAY! $33.58 shipping. (But 72 swing-top bottles!!!). Pretty amazing.

Back