Canadian source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuzlo

Reaction score
I am in need for fittings for my cooler mashtun, HLT and Brew Kettle. Does anyone know where I can get these from?

I need to do this as well. I will try home hardware or any hydraulic or industrial supply. Where in Canada are you?

I have tried home depot, rona, crappy tire, dont bother fittings are impossible to find for these applications. I am in Quebec.

hello fellow quebecois ;)

I had the luck of ordering everything from bargainfittings before they put a hold on their shipping to canada. They have great price and a lot to choose from (www.bargainfittings.com). Perhaps you could send him (Wayne) an email to see if he would be willing to send you some stuff. If not, you can always use package express (http://www.packageexpress.com/) they are quite expensive but trustworthy.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Gab

tried, no one including northern brewer will ship here. To use another shipping company means additional costs (ridiculous ones) which is why im looking for parts in Canada. So much for free trade. I might drive down, im like 20 mins from the border.

I'm close enough to just give up on all grain and just do Extracts. Getting parts is ridiculously impossible.

UPS, but I always go 'dédouané' my orders...takes a couple minutes, its easy and fast!

once you get your shipping confirmation, you call up UPS and tell them that you'll be taking care of the brokerage/custom fees. You arrange with them that they send you the proper documentation and alert you when your package arrives. You then go to the canadian customs office (10 mins from the UPS warehous in Lachine) and give them the data with a copy of your reciept. Once done, they'll charge you tax (law: also done with USPS/Canada Post) and give you confirmation. You then go to the UPS warehouse and theyll give you your package. Takes about 10 mins and you save nearly 100$

ya but also way more limited!

sometimes you gotta be ready to do some little extra work to get what you want!

and fedex will charge you the same fees as UPS...only that they will leave your hundred+ order on your front steps and mail you the fees a month or two later. By far the worst shipping service yet!

crazy expensive.... :S

Not really. I was looking for a weldless Sanke keg fitting which was $40 from morebeer, with UPS shipping add $50 to that. This guy has stainless valve for $17. yeah it needs welding, but I got a welding shop at the end of the street and I am guessing they can weld stainless way cheaper than I can get the valve from the US. Specially with a cpl Homebrews thrown in.

yeah, you're right..the valves aren't that bad...but some other stuff is over the top (march pump: 280$)

there's always ebay.ca, I was lucky enough to find lots of stuff there for my build. Just ask if they're willing to send USPS, most of them are.

Yeah March Pumps can be acquired way cheaper than that. Agreed. Ebay sucks, not worth the time to troll. What do you have for a system?

Just so happens I failed miserabely making a mashtun this week. Gonna try some larger Stainless steel washers Aquarium epoxy and seal that damn leak up.

Thats beyond my capabilities. I am an electronics tech, but im not messin with power. I'll stick to Gas.

I just buy everything for my cooler mlt at homedepot st-bruno, they even got the 5/8" SS washer that everyone can't find in he us.

And shipping from homebrewsupply.ca is not that bad, juste wait for a bigger order (grain we can't find around here)

didn't know there were this many (3 lol) people from the montreal are on this forum! We should get together a share some brews or perhaps even a brew session!

Try well drilling supply stores, or maple syrup supply stores they sell stainless steel pipe fittings for a reasonable cost, with the right parts you can make a v good weldless bulkhead fitting.

I bought a whole bunch of stuff from http://www.homebrewstuff.com
Its an american site, but the shipping is crazy. I ordered all my kegging stuff from them (lines, taps, regulator, qd's, etc) and the shipping was $8 bucks!
I havnt found a website yet, either us or canada with better shipping.

I've found that a lot of US online stores will ship USPS (no brokerage) if you ask them directly via email or on the phone instead of using their online shopping cart: EG; austin homebrew supply, morebeer, chi company.

I bought some stuff from green line hose. try them, if not try some boat shops too.

Back