Can you use king cobra 40oz bottles for bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fettersp

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a ton of 40 oz king cobra bottles. Can I use these for home brew??? They have the plastic soda bottle type caps that are made of metal.

Seriously, no smart-alecky comments 3 days in?

Please do try this - but be sure to share photos. *Oh, please let it be a stout!*

lol I already bottled them yesterday. I got 15 cobra bottles of cider. I thought they would be okay since its cider and doesn't have hops in it. I didn't take the labels off and they kinda look trashy in the corner of my closet :ghostly:.
I feel like worst case scenario is the gases escape from the cap or bottle bomb but I like only a slight carbonation so not too worried about bombs. if they turn out flat ill just say its apple wine since it came out to an estimated 8.5 % abv...…… tasted delicious though!

lol, tasted delicious though!

i know i know, fake quote.....but you'll get a lot of that type of response here....but being i'm a cheapo too, i'm going to google plastic caps, that might last longer then the flimsy metal ones.....

edit: found these quick, think it'd take some search for the right size and something with an air tight seal though...

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...pGRtM2i7Z0TpJ3LBP1xoCWwwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

edit #2: looks like they come in mm sizes, 28/400-33/400 and such...so i'd actually have to buy a foughty to measure to help more....lol

Last edited:
from this pic looks like you could have the last laugh, and talk your friend into buying bush for the brown bottle.....

brown bottle.JPG

They won't work unless they are in a brown paper bag. You will also need a yard full of smack-talking relatives.

damn, i guess that's why i don't have friends...i use 1 liter soda bottles.....lol, and i have class, i fill them out of a keg, and use a plastic bag!

They won't work unless they are in a brown paper bag. You will also need a yard full of smack-talking relatives.

I have a bunch of the above that work fo tips. You will have to pay for their relocation, I mean travel.

omg would it be rude if I just fill the bottles with cobra and a little vodka for extra umph and say look I made a better cobra??cause I have vodka and im sure buying the cobra would be cheaper than ingridients

cause honestly the carboy room would be better off for a Belgian wheat beer iv been wanting to try:ban::ban::ban::ban:

Back