Can murdering neighbors be legalized?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody is going to waste their day by using a broom instead of a blower.
I do. And I waste a grand total of about a half hour, as opposed to maybe 20 minutes. (More if you count having to go get the thing, check fuel, strap it to your back, etc.)

Print this page out and give it to him. If he's really such a tree-hugger, he'll throw away... excuse me... dismantle and reclaim any recyclable material from his leaf blower.

http://www.parsec-santa.com/health/Leafblowers.html
#1 in the link you provided is so wrong a 1st grader could disprove it. Lets say the auto in question gets 50 miles per gallon. In 350 miles it burns 7 gallons of gas. At 70 miles per hour it would take 5 hours to go 350 miles. It is impossible for a leaf blower to burn even a gallon of gas in one hour. If the ****ing hippies are going to spread their propaganda, at least they could do so with some accuracy.
That being said, get a broom. And use it after 9 on a Saturday.
Oh, and 4:00 in the afternoon is free game. Your kids and their nap can kiss my ass.

I do. And I waste a grand total of about a half hour, as opposed to maybe 20 minutes. (More if you count having to go get the thing, check fuel, strap it to your back, etc.)

Guess I didn't phrase that well. I meant to imply that the extra time it takes to use a broom will not waste your day.

I guess i'm lucky as my neighborhood seems to have a 9:00am start time for noisy activity. I even feel guilty firing up the motorcycle (and it's not even de-baffled) at 7:30 weekend mornings.

One of my neighbors came over to appologize about his roofers starting at 7:30 one saturday.

Leaf blower = blow it to my neighbors yard so I don't have to pick it up.

Funny how the whole world is 'green this and green that' until it takes a bit more labor on their part. Personally if I never hear the term 'green' again it will be to soon and I use a rake and broom to clean up around my house.

There's an article somewhere that states from "cradle to grave" a Hummer is better than a Prius (has to do with the disposal of the batteries, I think...).

Never heard about recycling? Those batteries are a valuable resource, that will only get more so as lithium prices rise.

I don't think there will ever be a quiet leaf blower. Mine is electric and it is louder than my 2-stroke chainsaw. And it's tough to use a broom on gravel driveways.

Leaves in my lawn get mulched by my mower. Leaves in my driveway can decompose in my driveway. The only think I'm really anal about is the weeds and I pull those by hand and compost 'em.

Let me reiterate my ire.

Leaf blowers = not the issue for me. (Although they are in general, I suppose)

The issue = Extremely hypocritical neighbor ("I'm green! And you all need to be quiet because my kids are napping at 4 in the afternoon!") running said leaf blower at 7:30am on a Saturday morning.

While I sympathize with those who live in 800 degree climates (I did 10 years in DC where the temps were in the 90s by 8:00am, and never got below 85 at night, so...) and folks who live where this sort of thing is the norm, it's absolutely not the norm here. Ergo, this fella can póg mo thóin.

Sounds like nobody in the neighborhood is interested in simply asking the guy to wait until later to blow his leaves.
That's a bloody good point, but this is suburbia, after all. Where everyone's nice to your face, before complaining behind your back! But having absolutely no issue with confrontation, I did have a word with him when I was out washing my car (Where I got a lecture on the amount of water I was wasting) and mentioned that my car washing was better for the environment than his leaf blower, which I hoped to NOT hear until after 9:00am tomorrow, if he was planning an outing with it. He simply stood there with his mouth open, before stomping his feet and saying "fine!" and heading indoors, where I'm sure I'll be the topic of dinner conversation this evening.

I'm really learning to detest this self-righteous arsetickler.

Let me reiterate my ire.

Leaf blowers = not the issue for me. (Although they are in general, I suppose)

The issue = Extremely hypocritical neighbor ("I'm green! And you all need to be quiet because my kids are napping at 4 in the afternoon!") running said leaf blower at 7:30am on a Saturday morning.

While I sympathize with those who live in 800 degree climates (I did 10 years in DC where the temps were in the 90s by 8:00am, and never got below 85 at night, so...) and folks who live where this sort of thing is the norm, it's absolutely not the norm here. Ergo, this fella can póg mo thóin.

That's a bloody good point, but this is suburbia, after all. Where everyone's nice to your face, before complaining behind your back! But having absolutely no issue with confrontation, I did have a word with him when I was out washing my car (Where I got a lecture on the amount of water I was wasting) and mentioned that my car washing was better for the environment than his leaf blower, which I hoped to NOT hear until after 9:00am tomorrow, if he was planning an outing with it. He simply stood there with his mouth open, before stomping his feet and saying "fine!" and heading indoors, where I'm sure I'll be the topic of dinner conversation this evening.

I'm really learning to detest this self-righteous arsetickler.

Good for you for calling him on his BS. Sounds like he had no comeback and went inside to have a tantrum.

If this guy ever talks to you again I would appreciate you asking him to talk about this "wasting water" concept.
Wasting water is hosing down your blacktop driveway in August in Texas.
Washing your car, running water while you are brushing your teeth, running a half load of laundry on the Super setting do not waste water. It still exists.

Well, here in Northern California, there's still "officially" a drought, so we're asked to conserve it where possible - despite having one of the wettest winters the area's had in 20 years, and reservoir levels back to normal. It's a load of bollix, if you ask me, and I wash my car maybe three or four times a year, so he can go and feck off.

In other news, leaf blower free this weekend. Which was ironic, since I was up at 7:00am watching World Cup matches on the box...

Fusk a broom! leaf blower is good. I blow mine itfo grass and mulch or bag it for comprst. free ferts! plus you can blow it at your dog thats funny
its not like sidewalk evengrassy enuf most times. leaf blow leaves into my OWN yard. you want free ferts? plant a tree and blow your own leaves!
and hel yean MC good beeter than prius. takes less mats to make.

Latest posts

Back