Can I make cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can just use apple juice!! Tree top, motts, or store brand are great. You have to look in the ingredients though to make sure there is NO extra stuff you don't want. You want the ingredients to say apple juice from concentrate, water, ascorbic acid.

It's what I use, and I comes out really good. I like my cider sweet, but this way it comes out dry. Which is good too.

Sounds like it's a lot more trouble than it's worth to me, but go ahead. Let us know how it turns out. Fermented, boozy applesauce & water...
More for you.
Regards, GF.

One thing to be careful of is that fruit pulp will get boueyed up at first by the CO2- in too small a jug/carboy you can jam your neck and get some nasty mess.

I myself would use the sauce AND apple juice, the resulting mix being not unlike a VERY unfiltered pressed apple cider. Maybe. I would not use water, if you do, use distilled.

Back