Can i bottle an entire keg worth of beet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLionDragon

Reaction score
Basically I want to force carbonate in the keg and then transfer the carbonated beer into bottles. How long would they hold?

yes you can.
depending on your bottling technique should hold just fine. I just cracked open a bottle that was bottled via the keg 3 months ago and it still had a "crack" when opening it and you could see the Co2 come out of the bottle. my pour into the glass had nice head.

now start with beer that isn't carbed enough, and use a crappy bottling tactics you will end up with flat beer.

-=Jason=-

I got bottles that I kegged and bottled using my beergun and the home made beer gun that are over a year old and still perfectly carbonated. Again like others said you just need to do it properly.

Yeah my idea its to basically carbonate the beer in the keg and then transfer to bottles to speed up the process compared to bottling conditioning.

Are you planning on force carbonation theses and then ageing them or just drinking them once carbonated. The reason I ask is that force carbonating will not really speed up the conditioning of you beer only the carbonating time. If its a light style pils or IPA that is made to be consumed young then no real issues there. But if your forcing a Belgian or Stout that needs some time for the flavors to mellow and blend forcing will not do that only time will. Filtering your beer will speed up the conditioning to a degree but really only time will properly condition your beer. Still no problems with force carbonating the beer so you can drink some now while young and a maybe a tad green and age the rest. I do this all the time. Its nice so crack one open every now and then to see how they change week to week or month to month. Best of luck.

Ryan

ThatGuyRyan said:
Are you planning on force carbonation theses and then ageing them or just drinking them once carbonated. The reason I ask is that force carbonating will not really speed up the conditioning of you beer only the carbonating time. If its a light style pils or IPA that is made to be consumed young then no real issues there. But if your forcing a Belgian or Stout that needs some time for the flavors to mellow and blend forcing will not do that only time will. Filtering your beer will speed up the conditioning to a degree but really only time will properly condition your beer. Still no problems with force carbonating the beer so you can drink some now while young and a maybe a tad green and age the rest. I do this all the time. Its nice so crack one open every now and then to see how they change week to week or month to month. Best of luck.

Ryan

One of the many cool things about kegging-checking the progress

Sent from my iPod touch using HB Talk

I bottled my Monolith from the keg, all 5 gallons. Well, a little less, I sampled it a few times.. Had one a couple weeks ago, bottled in April, perfect carbonation. I didn't want to risk it not bottle conditioning at 16.3% (even though the yeast is good to much higher, didn't want to risk, expensive brew). I used a blichmann beer gun, which I love. Did not care for the ghetto-fabulous no beer gun technique. Sanitize bottle, purge with CO2, fill and cap immediately. I am going to try to make this batch last for years so I can monitor it's progress, and I only plan to brew it once a year.

Latest posts

Back