Can I add sugar at any time after primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyllstromk

Reaction score
I'm planning to add sugar (10-20% of fermentables) to my fermenter, but it's nearly a week in there. Seems like I should be able to add without problems, but I'm wondering if there might be any issues adding so late in the game.

Also, I let my temperatures ramp up after the initial fermentation. Should I try to reduce the temperature to the recommended range before adding the sugar?

yes, same here
I added just the way posted above to my first tripel, i just reduced a little bit the temp to avoid some flavors,. done well

Just added 10 oz table sugar to a 1.053 Belgian IPA. Adding 2lb to a 1.076 tripel tonight. Works like a charm to boost abv and dry the beer out some. I've never had the cidery issue some have said this makes.

These are post sugar addition sg estimates by the way.

i added 1.5 lbs of dextrose to my tripel becouse i want to drive it to 9% avb, before that i was in ~7.8 %, looks like it finish activity in the airlock in a couple of days

Latest posts

Back