Can I add Hops Post Fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrysbooze

Reaction score
I am wondering if I can add hops post fermentation? I thought I used a hopped Malt Extract but it was unhopped and now too sweet to drink! Very nasty!

Is there any way I can boil some hops and pour the boiled water in, even though its been in the primary for like a week and a half? or should i throw it away?

Do a search for "hop tea". That's what you're describing. Just adding hops would be "dry hopping" which would add aroma and maybe a little flavor, but wouldn't help with bittering.

Ok. do you think that the hop tea idea would work even though its through fermentation?

I've never done it so I can't say for sure. I hear about people doing it in the keg after beer is fermented, carbed and conditioned. So, I'd say it could work. Read through some of the threads and see what other folks have done, amounts and whatnot.

Several members swear by hop teas. Start with 1/2 oz of a high AA hop in two quarts of water and boil for 90 minutes.

Back