Can homebrew make me go blind?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds more like he's making something he is intending to distill to me.

Homebrew can make you go blind just like spankin the monkey.

it is actually possible to hurt yourself making home brew if you are completely inept and clueless. Prisoners across the nation are poisoning themselves with botulism because they are trying to make unsanitary hooch with potato skins and dried bread with ketchup.

The danger with the op's post is that it might be some dumb kid that will do any stupid thing he/she thinks might get them high. And if that kid does cause harm to his/herself the parents might link it back to us.

I think this child needs reminded that underage drinking/manufacturing of alcohol in any form is illegal and dangerous to ones health if done with reckless abandon, i.e., how every dumb kid will do things, and the op needs banned for: Take your pick
1) being an underage kid trying to procure unlawful carnal knowledge
2) being a troll
3) for basically being reckless and harmful to the health of our site by being either 1 or 2 or some other type of reckless and irresponsible person.

I'd like to add that the recipe the op provided screams of "reckless and clueless". It would be different if they approached us talking about forms of sake and rice wine. But this is not the case. They are clearly only looking to ferment anything with some form of alcohol in it for the sake of the alcohol in it. If they listed raw potato skins as part of the recipe would anyone have been able sound the alarms fast enough before this op claimed we inspired it?

wtf?

Touching yourself at night makes you go blind.
34.gif
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back