Can anyone Identify this CO2 tank/fitting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankw

Reaction score
I was given 4 of these 2.5 LB aluminum CO2 tanks. Two of them are full and I was wondering if anyone can identify what they might be used for. I'd ultimately like to find fittings that would work with these. They'd make great portable CO2 tanks. Anyone have any idea?

2.5lb_tank_1.jpg

2.5lb_tank_2.jpg

2.5lb_tank_3.jpg

2.5lb_tank_fitting_1.jpg

2.5lb_tank_fitting_2.jpg

Have you emailed Luxfer Cylinders to see if they can help? The valves pictured may be able to be unscrewed and a more common valve installed in it's place as there are probably only a couple of standard threads used on these. High pressure gasses are nothing to play with if you don't get it right! Good Luck!

I haven't contacted Luxfer yet. Their website lists the tanks and not necessarily the valves. I thought about removing the existing valves on the empty tanks, but they appear to be soldered in place. I might attempt to do that if I can't find an appropriate connector.

Hm that is weird, it looks like some sort of quick connect with a Schraeder type valve. McMaster.com has all kinds of fittings available, their support might be able to identify based on those photos.

It definitely looks like a quick disconnect for some sort of hose, almost like the quick disconnect on an air compressor.

Latest posts

Back