Can anyone identify this bug?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bisco_Ben

Reaction score
So I'm currently on my 3rd year with some Cascade and Chinook plants. I seemed to have a slight aphid problem last year but still wound up with a small harvest. This year I have an infestation going with these bugs I have never seen before. They resemble a caterpillar with the legs of a spider and clench onto the leaves like you wouldnt believe. Theyre everywhere and are really hard to knock off the plants. They dont seem to have effected my plants too much yet but im worried they will be catastrophic if I'm not able to do anything. Does anyone have any idea what the hell these things are??View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1467845023.679595.jpg

Thanks so much guys! I was worried but now im sure they came to kill the aphid population. Hallelujah! Cheers!

If you have aphids, those guys will obliterate them. Ladybugs are friends in a hop garden. I was sad when I saw an orb weaver munching on one in my garden.

Leave those larvae alone, and they'll help manage any small bugs in your garden.

Back