Camp Stove from Gander Mountain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc390

Reaction score
I ran into this Camp Chef 2-burner stove last night at Gander Mountain. This thing isn't a turkey fryer. It has two 60,000 BTU burners, & was on sale for $79.95 (down from 100). Top size 14" x 30". Seems to be fairly sturdy. Looks like it's being replaced by a newer model with windscreens.

It would probably be fine for heating 5-10gal pots.

Here's the Gander link:
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Camp-Chef-Pioneer-Two-Burner-Stove&i=719422

719422_L1

________
Doc

I have the Camp Chef Explorer and love it. The burners are 30,000 btu per banjo-style burner. The two-burner setup is great for two batches at a time or using two kettles with different temps of water for one batch. I can do quite a bit in a small area and the heighth of the burner surface allows for emptying the kettle right after chilling using the ball valve into the fermenter.

I stand corrected.... it does have two 30K's ;-}>

Doc

Resurrecting an old thread.....

Any updates from anyone using this burner? I just made a 10 gallon batch and my turkey fryer could hardly keep 12.5 gallons boiling. I have a friend who has this same 2 burner and loves it. He doesn't brew, but uses a 20 gallon pot for crawfish boils and says he has no problem getting 10+ gallons boiling.
I like the 2 burner concept for heating mash and sparge water. I'm looking for something that is easy on the propane. Dont have NG here.

Thanks for any input.

If you are doing 10 gallon batches you will not be happy using 30k BTU burners. Check the regulator on your current burner. It could be bad or you may need to upgrade it. If you have one of the units with a piddly 5PSI regulator upgrade to a 10 or 20 and you will begin to love your current burner.

I use the same burner the op asked about for 6 gallon all grain and it works just fine apart from being hard to dial in a clean flame sometimes

Back