Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This has got to be the most beautiful and EPIC folk metal (instrumental) performance I have ever heard! Seriously do take a half an hour, a few good beers, and your best speakers/headphones and just sit back and relax. And if you didn`t get enough this is just one song from a 110min album called Northern Steel.

This has got to be the most beautiful and EPIC folk metal (instrumental) performance I have ever heard! Seriously do take a half an hour, a few good beers, and your best speakers/headphones and just sit back and relax. And if you didn`t get enough this is just one song from a 110min album called Northern Steel.

I'm always looking for something new, and different. I like to have good instrumental tunes for when I'm working. Very striking! I'll be downloading that album on Amazon.

Thanks for sharing!

I’ve always been a fan of metal, like you guys. I haven’t been listening to any as much lately, though. I find that a lot I’ve been listening to, especially lots of new stuff that I’ve heard, is just boring and repetitive. No offence intended towards anyone.

I tend to go back listening to what I liked when I was young, ten or fifteen years ago. Lots of thrash, death, power, and folk metal. I was at an awesome folk metal show at a small venue not long ago, actually. Even then I get tired of it easily. I find it more fulfilling to listen to things like jazz, classical, dub (not dubstep), trance, and ethnic folk music. There just seems to be more variety to my ears, looking elsewhere, and I don’t care much for overly negative themes, angst, and “brutal” vocals.

That said, here is some metal of late: Arkona, Cabrakaan, Helloween, Manowar, Heidevolk, Judas Priest, Dio, Odinfist, Megadeth, and others.

Last edited:
Cleaning up after a long brew day. I'm listening to Insomnium right now.

Calling All Metal Fans

metal fan.jpg

The song and album that got me in to death metal when I was still in high school. Thanks, now I feel old.
hey we are all getting old at least you know good death metal, to be honest DEATH is the only DM band i love, you have good taste old timer ;p

Latest posts

Back