Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
origin's the shiat, Sons of Aurelius are okay. No emotion at all just raw playing. They are good guitar players, but not musicians.

origin's the shiat, Sons of Aurelius are okay. No emotion at all just raw playing. They are good guitar players, but not musicians.

shucks - love 'em, their drummer got his chops in animosity.
FWIW you have to admit that writing an album that's entirely 300+ bpm is more of a display of raw playing than musicianship as opposed to an album that touches upon a number of genres and throws down 300+ bpm - but i love metal cus we all disagree over something, makes it interesting. :ban:

Iron Maiden on tour in the US again. Think I am going to have to hit the two shows in Wisconsin....thats right TWO shows in Wisconsin! Time to up the Irons

virtually a 'classic' tune at this point - yet still so great.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-PMFSRzaf8"]The Faceless - An Autopsy[/ame]

you guys remember MoonSpell. Haven't heard them in forever, but wow love his deep voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJDFBlQtJF4

Oh yeah, never quite know what you're getting with a Moonspell record. They have been all over the map and back over ten or so releases. Personally I thought Night Eternal was/is their best record. They also re-released a bunch of their earlier black metal songs on Under Satanae which wasn't bad either.

:mug:

Favorite album released in February was probably Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction. Great doom album.

Listened to the new Woods of Ypres - Grey Skies & Electric Light album that was just released this month yesterday... I'm not the biggest fan of the band (I liked the EP/Demo, and Pursuit of the Sun had moments of greatness) and almost turned it off 3/4 of the way through the first song (which my tracklist was apparently out of order, it was Career Suicide) but it ended up being an interesting listen in light of his accidental death right before Christmas since the lyrics were written almost like he was expecting to die really soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
speaking of dead things, thank **** i was able to see them before they called it quits.

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjbw5OSK4YA"]Into The Moat - Empty Shell[/ame]

Wow how have I missed this thread all this time?

I'm always looking to find new modern metal music to listen to. Here's a few of my favs:

All Shall Perish
Arch Enemy
The Black Dahlia Murder
Born of Osiris
Bury Your Dead
Chimaira
Gojira
In Flames
Lamb of God
Psychostick (for laughs)
Trivium
Unearth

Favorite album released in February was probably Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction. Great doom album.

Now that I've finally listened to it... Asphyx's Deathhammer might be tied. Awesome old school death metal album.

New stuff from Asphyx, nice gotta check that out!
Nice to see Autopsy and Asphyx doing respectable new albums these days.

Think I linked this before, but these guys are coming around my area around may and it was top 5 concerts last year when they played.

Yes you did past this but it was good!

Also industrial metal is becoming one of my favorite genres.

When people ask me why I like metal I always point to this movie since my brother in law introduced me to it. I get the same feeling watching this movie as I do listening to good BM.

The similarities are amazingly accurate.

Some really good new BM being released...

:rockin:

Probably not quite as good as Ironbound but still not bad by any means...

Don't let the intro deter you, this is some awesome new DM....

Back