Calling all beer snobs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on Michelob Ultra. That stuff tastes awful IMO and I feel obligated to make fun of anyone who drinks it. The guy I share an office with drinks it and the fact that he drinks it is always my fallback any time he offends me. :) I know someone else brought it up but the new Lime beers fall into this category too.

+1 on the crappy lime beers that are coming out. The only time it's ok to drink a lime beer is if you're pirate with scurvy. Arg! Or if it's free.

I do have to say Stone has perpetuated a tough guy image for a long time, and I know that they have an insane meathead following out here because of the tough image.

About proper glassware. It makes a difference if you are actually trying to taste the ber you're drinking properly. IPAs are great in a pint glass, but the aforementioned gueuze would suffer in it. I don't like drinking out of plastic, either.

1987_camel_ad.jpg

I dont know about the Stone following, but I just tried an Arrogant Bastard a couple weeks ago. I gotta say, that is one good beer. I have a feeling, not many women drink that one.

As far as glassware......just a pint glass for me please.

I dont know about the Stone following, but I just tried an Arrogant Bastard a couple weeks ago. I gotta say, that is one good beer. I have a feeling, not many women drink that one.

As far as glassware......just a pint glass for me please.

I don't bother with AB anymore. Double Bastard is better, and it ages well, and even then I can only drink it on occasion. I am just not a fan of that much Chinook.

And if you're only drinking out of a pint glass, you're obviously not drinking styles that benefit from more appropriate glassware.

Yeah! Coconut porter!

lol - ok well that might be an exception

other man beers include Pabst Blue Ribbon, Milwaukee's Best, Miller High Life

any beer bought from a vendor at a sporting event is automatically man beer even if its coors light - lol

any beer thats served with a fruit garnish may or may not qualify as sissy beer. if you order a blue moon and they bring it to you with a slice of citrus its not a sissy beer, but if you order blue moon and you make the server go back for a glass and lemon then you're a *********

also, any sissy beer that comes in a can is automatically converted into a man beer upon chugging it, crushing the can in your hand or even better on your forehead, and belching or farting loudly

I don't see how coors light is any different than Milwaukees Best, PBR, Busch, Budwesier, or any of the other BMC style beers you mentioned as "manly"

I don't bother with AB anymore. Double Bastard is better, and it ages well, and even then I can only drink it on occasion. I am just not a fan of that much Chinook.

Have not been able to find the double. Looking forward to it if I ever find it. In the mean time AB will have to do.:drunk:

I don't see how coors light is any different than Milwaukees Best, PBR, Busch, Budwesier, or any of the other BMC style beers you mentioned as "manly"

of course its man beer - its on a race car - duh

chicks like to drink it though

plus this automatically makes it man beer

pic3342.jpg

Have not been able to find the double. Looking forward to it if I ever find it. In the mean time AB will have to do.:drunk:

I've got some from '06 aging in my closet. I hear it is just about the right time to drink it.

And that picture of that girl makes me want to vomit. I like the bookish librarian nerd types. Her fake tits are gross.

I've got some from '06 aging in my closet. I hear it is just about the right time to drink it.

And that picture of that girl makes me want to vomit. I like the bookish librarian nerd types. Her fake tits are gross.

I prefer the bookish type too, but come on that chick is still hot.

Never been in a Wal-Mart, not kidding. Can't really talk about the corner grocery store's stock, because it doesn't apply outside the PNW.

Besides being a beer snob is too much like work. Why should I care what other people drink and why should I try to educate them? People want to drink BMC, all the more good stuff for me. People only drink IPAs? Good, that's more pints on the dark side for me.

Still a Supporter of Native Oregon Beers, though.

Dang I thought that was legitimate, I've actually had Beer 30 (they sell it in a town northeast of where I live), it pretty much measures up to bud light and coors, but it also kind of tastes like chest hair. What's more manly than that? I don't consider myself a "beer snob" so to speak, but I do like to educate other people. I mean they won't run out of Samuel Smith, Two Hearted, or Odells, so why not try to get other people to like it too? It's good for the microbreweries, which in turn will be good for us. Plus the more friends I have that like good beer, the more I'll enjoy raiding their fridges.

any beer i am drinking today is manly! why you ask ?
ricky-bobby-piss-excellence.jpg

to me the only real sissy beers are the tooty fruty types.
(blue beer pineapple wheat piss)

calling BCM Sissy is like calling Hamerger meat sissy
i love GREAT high end steak like this AB
but eating a cheese burger becase its cheep and good, dont not make me less a man or connaisseur

i think the erk comes in when people refuse to grow and exspand there horisons and proclame hamberger as the apex, failing to see the qualty and enjoyment of craft beer.

BCM is just cheep and easy ,and some nights that what i am looking for .
if you have to be manly to enjoy good beer , becase of some sort of pain involved or courge needed to drink it you may be doing it wrong.

I prefer beer that is balanced and flavorfull. I pass on over-the-top barley wines. That;s just me though. I think girly beer is corona. Funny thing corona has more calories than guiness, but people consider it light. It's sweet, skunked, and needs a lime to even be drinkible in my opinion.

How can blue moon be girly? It was the Pierre Celis recipe wit that coor bought. Is hoegarden bad or girly?

Good beer; Russian River, Lagunitas, Drakes, Ommegang, Unibroque, negra modela.

Manly beer; Tecate or anything in a 40oz. bottle.

I don't know about you all, but I'd rather have something "feminine" in my mouth as opposed to masculaine.

I prefer beer that is balanced and flavorfull. I pass on over-the-top barley wines. That;s just me though. I think girly beer is corona. Funny thing corona has more calories than guiness, but people consider it light. It's sweet, skunked, and needs a lime to even be drinkible in my opinion.

How can blue moon be girly? It was the Pierre Celis recipe wit that coor bought. Is hoegarden bad or girly?

Good beer; Russian River, Lagunitas, Drakes, Ommegang, Unibroque, negra modela.

Manly beer; Tecate or anything in a 40oz. bottle.

I don't know about you all, but I'd rather have something "feminine" in my mouth as opposed to masculaine.

Hoegaarden is a decent beer. Blue Moon might be a recipe designed by Celis, but it just isn't that great. There's a time and a place for a wit. A hot summer day I'd take a 6 pack of Hoegaarden over just about anything.

Beer is beer. Every style has a place and time to drink it. I don't think it can be manly or girly.

On the other hand, if you belly up to the bar and order a Cosmopolitan or something fruity in a hurricane glass and don't promptly toss out the paper umbrella...

:D

Beer is beer. Every style has a place and time to drink it. I don't think it can be manly or girly.

I guess that was my point. Am I manly because my favorite style is IPA, and I don't like fruit or wheat beers? Or am I girly because IPAs are a bit citrusy?

I think a great way to get to know good beer is to find a store that will let you mix a 6 pack. Pick out 6 beers that are different styles. Try a hefeweizen, an APA, an IPA, a stout, a brown or a mild, and a blonde. See what you like, and try to see what it is that you like. Is it citrusy? Bitter? Sweet? Spicy? Then you 'll be able to look at the BJCP guidelines and see what "spicy" means in a beer. Like, once you taste "clove" or "banana" in a hefe, you'll know that flavor.

It's a fun way to learn about beer, and decide what you like.

On the other hand, if you belly up to the bar and order a Cosmopolitan or something fruity in a hurricane glass and don't promptly toss out the paper umbrella...

I don't know if they make it anymore, but I can comfortably say that Huber Bock has no such place and time. 22 years later and I still can't get myself to buy anything with Bock in it's name.

When the OP said "girly" I think most of us knew what he meant, but all I have to do is look at what my 25 year old daughter likes (yes, I am old) and know that women can like the good stuff too. I like many types, even a gueze, but the main factor is that the beer has to have some flavor and character. None of the ultra-light yellowish water, or the stuff that has so much lime or other fruit/sweeteners that it's obvious that they are trying to hide the skunk or disguise the fact that it is beer.

After reading the post.. I assume there are almost no girlie-beer drinker out here.! Kudos to the topic creator. Exctly dnt know much about wal-mart. But I learnt a lot. Thnxxx everyone.

Latest posts

Back