Buying Online in Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdleedahl

Reaction score
I've looked all over the place for a place to buy ingredients online that will ship to canada for a reasonable price. The US websites like morebeer.com have to charge insane shipping rates to ship to me and it would not even be worth it for me. Is anyone else from canada here who buys online? Im especially looking to get into extract/specialty grain brewing.

any experience you have would be appreciated, thanks

you can try out homebrew-supplies.ca, or ive even read that you can get it from austin brew and ask for usps. shipping takes longer but it is cheaper

I've bought from both Mashing Heads and homebrew-supplies.ca and would have to recommend mashing heads. They have good prices on their grain and shipping is reasonable via FedEx. homebrew-supplies.ca is good for things that you can't find anywhere else but they tend to be overpriced on some things especially since their base shipping price is $17 via Canada Post and only goes up from there. If I need something like a March Pump or silicone hose etc. then I'll buy from the US from somewhere like Morebeer, their shipping is usually somewhere around $20.

-homebrew-supplies.ca is very expensive as it is, plus there shipping is $17 + min
-morebeer.com charges the usps shipping rates to canada, which for an 11 lb kit is well over $30 in shipping
- mashing heads looks like they have good prices, but their selection of extracts is basically nothing, which is sort of what i wanted to get into, extract with specialty grains brewing... ideally i'd like to just buy ingredient kits like morebeer.com offers but for me to buy two kits from there its well over $100 including shipping

I've used homebrew-supplies.ca but the shipping a bit expensive to vancouver.
I've also used expertbrewers.com which has a good malt selection
I would love it if more beer could ship to canada cheaply.

Gotta get stuff from LHBS, just get used to grabbing those ankles. Guess I shouldn't complain because at least I can get grains, yeast & hops as I need them. Still, I take full advantage of my own and close friends' trips to Minneapolis. Northern Brewer rocks! Also have had great dealings buying stuff from kegconnection.com.

I see the OP is in Saskatoon; from their website http://www.paddockwood.com it sounds like you could talk to paddockwood about getting ingredients provided you know what you want. Might be worth giving them a call. Looking around their site a bit more, it sounds like they have an active beer club! Those guys will know for damn sure where you can get ingredients.

I really would start there if I were you.

Paddock Wood is brewing on a relatively large scale (For Saskatchewan anyway) these days and I don't think they are in the supply business any longer.
There is also a place in Winnipeg... Grape & Grain who I think has a fairly decent selection.

Greetings, fellow Saskatchewanians. I just wanted to say that.
:)

I think there is a place in Windsor, I'll find out for you. And yes I've heard to try home brew supplies dot ca as well, perhaps they're the ones.

Paddock Wood is brewing on a relatively large scale (For Saskatchewan anyway) these days and I don't think they are in the supply business any longer.

Could be, but their brew club appears to still be very active and the folks in it must source their stuff from somewhere.

There is also a place in Winnipeg... Grape & Grain who I think has a fairly decent selection.

That's my LHBS. I seriously doubt they'd ship anything for anyone but I guess a person could call and ask.

I also suffer from the woes of trying to brew in Canada. If anyone finds an online brew store with a good selection let me know.

That being said there is a company called Brewery lane in Newfoundland that has an online store called "click a brew" their selection is not bad at all (not sure what their shipping is like seeing as I live 5 minutes away). They dont have any unhopped liquid or dry malt extract listed on their website, but I have bought it instore before. So if you send them an email maybe they could hook you up.

Check it out

http://www.clickabrew.com/beer-making-supplies.asp

yeah i've been to the paddockwood brewery before, just to buy their beer though (which is very good by the way)... i'll have to go there to get grains then... online shopping in canada is awful

Back