Buying a drinking horn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dl_Pfc

Reaction score
Hey, so I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to make an account. My first batch of mead's been in secondary for a few months now and I decided it's high time I buy myself a drinking horn and get to bottling. So after a bit of perusing the web looking for legitimate retailers of quality horns I came across this site: http://vikingdrinkinghorns.com/. I was just wondering if anyone's ordered from them before and what opinions you might have on their horns, or if anyone has a website to suggest instead. Thanks!

I looked into drinking horns quite a bit awhile back, I was thinking about one as a Christmas present. That is the company I wanted to buy from, I like the simplicity. A lot of the inlay stuff, while looking nice, creates stress points on the horn. I also like that they use all natural sealant on the inside, but dislike that they don't tell you what they use.

I ended up deciding when I do go for the horn I will make one myself. It is a process and takes a couple weeks of work, but I think worth it to know the process involved. Don't want to end up with some sort of nasty sealants.

I've tried to respond to this thread about 4 times, and I guess they keep getting rejected by a moderator. Not sure why.

I had some custom drinking horns made by a local ceramic artist that came about pretty great. I'm going to try leaving the picture and link out this time to see if it will actually show up in the thread.

EDIT: Trying to attach the image.
Drinking_Horn_v4detail.jpg

EDIT2: Link to the artist's website.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back