Butterfly valve. Trigger vs pull handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mggray87

Reaction score
Is there any difference meaning one better than the other. 3" pull handle is way cheaper than say brewers 3" stainless trigger type. Do they do the same thing just preference on how to operate? Looking to make a 3" dry hopper. Brewers sells a premade dry hopper 3" tri clamp for $275. I think I can get their hop lid for $100 and Amazon sight glass and pull handle.

I don't want to make a mistake buying bad pieces

Is there any difference meaning one better than the other. 3" pull handle is way cheaper than say brewers 3" stainless trigger type. Do they do the same thing just preference on how to operate? Looking to make a 3" dry hopper. Brewers sells a premade dry hopper 3" tri clamp for $275. I think I can get their hop lid for $100 and Amazon sight glass and pull handle.

I don't want to make a mistake buying bad pieces
The pull handle type typically has 3 different locking positions where the trigger handle type has more. I think it's more of a personal preference than anything else, the internel parts and sealing surfaces are the same. To answer your question one just operates a bit different than the other.

The pull handle type typically has 3 different locking positions where the trigger handle type has more. I think it's more of a personal preference than anything else, the internel parts and sealing surfaces are the same. To answer your question one just operates a bit different than the other.
So for dropping hops with a 3" pull handle should be ok. Or find one that goes 180*

The pull type I have will cycle closed at zero degrees, partially opened at the first stop 45 degrees and full open at 90 degrees. You wouldn't require one that rotates thru to 180* as this would be closed open closed. I think you have to look at your fermenter to determine the range of motion it will accommodate with respect to the handle, you may have to bump up the Hop Dropper with a short spool to allow handle to rotate thru a complete open close cycle.

The pull type I have will cycle closed at zero degrees, partially opened at the first stop 45 degrees and full open at 90 degrees. You wouldn't require one that rotates thru to 180* as this would be closed open closed. I think you have to look at your fermenter to determine the range of motion it will accommodate with respect to the handle, you may have to bump up the Hop Dropper with a short spool to allow handle to rotate thru a complete open close cycle.
if it rotates up. it should be fine right?

Yes you can orientate the valve handle to operate up or down depending on which end of the valve is attached to the fermenter.

Back