Busy, Long, but GREAT brew day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester

Reaction score
I decided to make today an overall brew day. Woke up, made some coffee and started getting the homebrew gear together. I transferred my black IPA to secondary so I could dry-hop. Then I washed the WLP001 yeast from that primary, while getting my water warming to strike temp.

641e79f5.jpg

After that was done, it was time to focus and the 3 gallon Amber BIAB.

I had to use my Foodsaver for the grain because at the last minute my brew day was moved to this weekend and I was worried about the grain going stale.
66d00995.jpg

6276a4a1.jpg

fb01c31b.jpg

43123223.jpg

I let my bag site in a colander for about 30 minutes while I start heating towards a boil. About the time 30 minutes is up, I add the drippings and boil starts a few minutes later.
24e139f7.jpg

Hops getting weighed out and my foil brew setup is put together.
d04fc6da.jpg

Apartment chilling
a7f5f807.jpg

Yeast starter ready
185c693e.jpg

Sitting in the fermenter!!!
f8b73935.jpg

Just thought I'd share my brew day. I finally am sitting down, having a beer and catching up on HBT posts.

Nicely done! If I tried to brew in the kitchen, it would look like a disaster area (and of course SWMBO would be whacking me with the mash paddle!)

By the way, what's in the rectangular container?

Nicely done! If I tried to brew in the kitchen, it would look like a disaster area (and of course SWMBO would be whacking me with the mash paddle!)

By the way, what's in the rectangular container?

I definitely wish I was brewing outside! Especially since I've moved to New Orleans and there fall weather means its still 70 during the day. I have humored the idea of going to all electric, but I'll make that decision once I have a garage again. Counting down the days till grad school is done! =)

The rectangle shaped Better Bottle? If that's what you're talking about, its a Black IPA that I transferred over and dry-hopped this mornings, too.

Back