Busy Brew Day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lando

Reaction score
I opted to try my first AG batch last night.
Starting at around 6pm I tore apart my rubbermaid cooler and turned it into a MLT, tossed dinner on the smoker, went and bought a scale, measured out my bulk grains, racked an IPA to secondary, washed the yeast that was in primary and got it to the fridge, cleaned and sanitized everything, washed and sanitized my new MLT, washed the siphon again, got 5 gallons of water to strike water temp ( yes I screwed this up by forgetting it is NOT 1.25 gallon/lb of grain) caught myself before dumping all 5 gallons into the MLT and corrected that move, then screwed up and used a whole tbs of 5.2 for my three gallon batch I was brewing, kept dinner going on the grill via a slow smoke with wood chips, prepared the rest of dinner on the stove whle keeping an aye on the brew, ate dinner while making sure nothing boiled over standing at the stove leaving the wife to eat alone, chilled the wort with not much more than my sink which took way too long, racked to primary, pictched the yeast and did all the dishes. Finally got to bed at midnight.
This is a lot of work for the unprepared, unintiated AG brewer. But at least my OG was spot on for the first batch! :mug:

Back