• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Massachusetts Busted Ball Lock Keg - $30

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpyyyyy

Reaction score
I've got a busted ball lock keg that is leaking from the gas in post. It is not any of the o-rings, it leaking around where the port is attached to the body of the keg. I figured I'd put it here in case someone knows how to fix this and would like to take the risk. I already purchased another keg to make up for it. This does not come with a lid or any of the posts themselves. See pictures below.

pa3iUg3.jpg

bQklBoU.jpg

See picture below for example of where location is:

vK1byKt.jpg

I'm in MA - but a little too far away to make it worth it. Just a suggestion though - have you tried any teflon tape on the threads?

I'm in MA - but a little too far away to make it worth it. Just a suggestion though - have you tried any teflon tape on the threads?

Yes, its not the threads. Its the part where it attaches to the keg. $30 is a starting point. I'll go lower to get rid of it. I don't know how to fix it but I'm sure someone does.

Fixing it is one thing, but replacing all the missing parts could end up costing as much as just buying a functional keg. What about just keeping it as a ss bucket for sanitizer?

JB Weld. 12hr set. +1 keg/chem grant. Youre welcome. I accept homebrew as 'consulting fee' Or sell as working keg once you confirm it holds pressure. Work for a commercial brewery BT it'll work for average joe

I'm not interested in fixing it. I have enough kegs as it is. I'm not really that interested in shipping as it probably kills the deal someone is trying to get.

Like someone said earlier - what you're trying to sell is a "naked" keg and the cost of the parts to outfit it are going to be $50-55.

I was in a similar position a few years ago with a keg - on that one the threads were bad on a post. I just gave it away to another brewer that was willing to take a shot at fixing it.

Well, i'd consider $20 if youre ever in the Hudson Valley or enroute to NyC. $30 if its not out of my way. Best i can offer to take off your hands

Like someone said earlier - what you're trying to sell is a "naked" keg and the cost of the parts to outfit it are going to be $50-55.

I was in a similar position a few years ago with a keg - on that one the threads were bad on a post. I just gave it away to another brewer that was willing to take a shot at fixing it.

I understand what I have. This is not a "discussion" thread. Please offer or don't post at all. Seriously, this isn't that hard.

I understand what I have. This is not a "discussion" thread. Please offer or don't post at all. Seriously, this isn't that hard.

It's a forum on the internet. Any thread is a discussion thread :) This is a chance for other people to read about something and hear the possible solutions for it. It's not just a place to post what you have for sale.

If you are just trying to sell a broken keg (that someone else can have it sit around before finally deciding to throw it away), then you're probably better off with a posting on craigslist.

Before you get mad at me, remember that I stuck up for you earlier :)

It's a forum on the internet. Any thread is a discussion thread :) This is a chance for other people to read about something and hear the possible solutions for it. It's not just a place to post what you have for sale.

If you are just trying to sell a broken keg (that someone else can have it sit around before finally deciding to throw it away), then you're probably better off with a posting on craigslist.

Before you get mad at me, remember that I stuck up for you earlier :)

Rule No. 4: No disparaging remarks are allowed in a Classified thread. If you think someone's goods are junk, priced too high, etc, keep it to yourself. No one is forcing you to buy anything and the market will take care of itself. Neither is a Classified thread normally a good place to carry on an extended discussion. It is not a typical thread but is someone's advertisement, and you should be extra-respectful of a Classifieds thread.

That being said, this is still available, and if anyone is local, I'm willing to trade for pretty much anything, maybe even a 6 or 12 pack of some homebrew.

Back