BURNER HELP please....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollisBrewCo

Reaction score
Ok so we have purchases 2 jet burners. One is a 110,000 btu and the other is a 170,000 btu. (we have a 55 gl boil) . These are natural gas burners and i want to be able to use the with our BCS (automation) Som my question is what 24 v Gas valve do i use? Thankyou in advance for any help you can offer.

Jason & Devon Hamilton :mug:

Here is a furnace valve with standing pilot that should work and a few other parts to complete the gas control system. These valves are a bit bigger than the ones I usually suggest but are large enough for the largest burner. When you plan the gas plumbing please do not place the valves under the burners as the radiant heat from the flame will cause problems with the furnace valves, shield them if you have to place them under the burners. When you startup for first time you can adjust flame level with internal regulator on gas valve, download the manual for directions. This should cost less than one ASCO valve and be safe to operate if installed correctly.

2 x Honeywell-V800A1476 Valves
2 x Honeywell Q314A4586 Pilot Burner
2 x Honeywell Q390A1046 Thermocouple
1 x 120 VAC to 24 VAC 40 - 75 VA Transformer

These can be found at PEX supply or other online pumbing supply places.

Back