Burner FAQ's Answered

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomRep

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a post like this anywhere, didn't do a search. i was thinking we should have a post that might become a sticky for all those looking for burners. All you have to do is list your burner model (ie Bayou Classic SQ14), how many gallons your brewing with, lid or no lid, how long it takes to reach a boil, gas and regulator type, and a guesstimate on the noise level (low, medium, loud). Lets try to keep this straight to the point so we don't have pages of useless opinions.

my current setup:
Bayou Classic Sq14
13 gallons (trial run)
lid
stopped it at 140 after 30 minutes. water starting temp was 60 (40 deg/15 mins)
propane with a 0-10psi
low-med

Current:

Banjo KAB 4 Burner
13 Gallons
no lid
LP Bottle with 30psi regulator
custom made wind shield wrapped around entire burner base
6 gallons from 60 degrees to 160 in 15 minutes.

Noise level : extremely low.

Next up... Natural Gas permanent conversion. Have tested, and the heat output seems just right. Using WilliamsBrewing Hurricane Conversion Valve.

Burner - Banjo KAB4
Kettle - 15.5 gallon keggle
Water volume - 5 gallons
Water temp - hose temp (75*-85*F)
Final Temp - 180 in typically around 10-15 minutes depending on the ambient temp

This burner heats water so fast that I'll typically begin heating my 5-6 gallons of sparge water whenever I begin draining my first running's. The other day it took 15 minutes to boil 14.5 gallons from 130*F. Also the wide burner stand easily allows you to place a keggle on it safely.

I highly recommend this burner.

J

Latest posts

Back