Bung fell into Wert?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdoubled

Reaction score
:mad: I guess I pushed my bung a little too much into my carboy hole and it sucked it into the wert. Has anyone ever had this happen before and if so does it effect fermentation or taste in your brew? Also, How the hell do I get it back out now? LOL!

:mad: I guess I pushed my bung a little too much into my carboy hole and it sucked it into the wert. Has anyone ever had this happen before

this does not sound good my friend. you will need to push softer from your bung so you wert becomes less hurt. its never fun when you have hemroids...

in other news...you might have some "plastic" off taste, after fermentation is complete wash the yeast out and look up "how to get a cork out a wine bottle", its amazing honestly...

good luck!

If it was sanitized, no problem.

To get it out. Rack the brew out when it is done fermenting. Take a thin dishtowel and push about 3/4 of it into the neck of the carboy. Turn the carboy on it's side and move it around to get the stopper on top of the towel. Pull and it will come right out.

Ask me how I know this.....

Here watch this..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=1j7q2oGQQhI

I take it you have been in rhis situation before beergolf? And the bung was sitting in san star before use for over an hour. I was just worried about noticeable rubber off taste. Handing some of this ipa to some coworkers for christmas. Thanks guys.

Happened my first batch. Like said above put a new bung in, let it ferment, then watch the youtube video. That's what I did and everything was fine. From now on carefully dry the inside of the carboy neck and bung with a paper towel and it shouldn't happen again.

I take it you have been in rhis situation before beergolf? And the bung was sitting in san star before use for over an hour. I was just worried about noticeable rubber off taste. Handing some of this ipa to some coworkers for christmas. Thanks guys.

Sure was. Starsan is very slippery and I pushed a little to hard. Now. I use carboy caps insted of stoppers. But if you use a stopper again do like the poster above mentioned. Carefully dry the neck of the carboy with clean paper towel.

No noticeable rubber flavor at all.

Back