Bunch of odds and ends... what do I need?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deleted

Reaction score
Just picked up a mismatch of equipment that looks a bit custom made in igloo coolers and trying to figure out what I actually need or what is the best equipment to use out of the lot... I’ll post pictures when I get home...

There is a cooler that has a copper coil with metal mesh inside all around the outside and they poked copper through top and bottom using some type of sealer that is hard... not sure if copper is supposed to cycle hot water somehow?

Anyways hopefully someone can share some insight once I get pictures posted so I can setup and test equipment I will ultimately use..

Matt

Yea, I don't think we can help much without pictures. It sounds like they were using the cooler as a heat exchanger. How it worked in the setup is a question.

IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG

Ok so I am guessing the 3 Home Depot go together as a kit and the igloo go together as a kit based off of sealing used on Home Depot and valves on the igloos...

So what is the optimal setup or should I combine part of each... this will be my first all grain brew I am setting up for so I have no idea what to piece together here...

Let me know your thoughts after looking at pictures

Thanks,
Matt

The cooler with the false bottom looks to be a mash tun with a recirculating sparge arm. That would appear to go with the pump. I'm honestly not sure what the equipment is in the other coolers. Maybe a heat exchanger/wort chiller?

These weren't all part of one setup, right? I can't imagine using more than 3 coolers.

One for a recirulating (HERMS) mash tun (the false bottom).
One as a heat exchanger for the HERMS (with the copper coil).
One as a HLT for sparging (with the heater, if that's what that is)

Guess I’ll have to do a bit of research to figure out if I can setup a HERMS system with this... very interesting

Latest posts

Back