Budweiser pressured into listing ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think just about every young guy has memorized that at some point. (Not here in Milwaukee, though, where Budweiser is practically verboten.)

If you look at all the Large commercial breweries then that statement is true. Miller uses extracts in most of their beers. In fact, we took over an old Miller brewery and one of our engineers on the project told me they had to get rid of four extract tanks to make room for more grain silos. Budweiser is still mashed along with a cereal mash. The ingredients are still high quality and it's still Beechwood aged, although they do use less beechwood than they use to. That in itself is an expensive part of the cost of Bud. The amount of steam usage and manpower to "cook" the beechwood is not cheap! Beachwood doesn't add flavor it just gives the lager yeast a place to hang out so it just doesn't sink to the bottom. This allows the beer to ferment quicker, which saves money. It also makes a nice filter when they drain a tank. You may not like the taste of the beer but I guarantee you it's the highest quality of any beer made! Oh, and we don't use fish bladders, we use DE filters and centrifuges. :mug:

Go here for more info: http://www.tapintoyourbeer.com/

I remember hearing this on Jamil's Podcast or one of those podcasts, I think the Wood Aged beer style one from a month or two ago. It makes perfect sense, all that beechwood gives the yeast so much more surface area to ferment, rather than only the top layer fermenting while the rest at the bottom of the conical does nothing.

I remember hearing this on Jamil's Podcast or one of those podcasts, I think the Wood Aged beer style one from a month or two ago. It makes perfect sense, all that beechwood gives the yeast so much more surface area to ferment, rather than only the top layer fermenting while the rest at the bottom of the conical does nothing.
It was actually discussed on his *****ecast regarding smoked beers. One of the *****ehosts used to work at A-B and was describing their use of beechwood, yes a complete non-sequitur but Schlenkerla smokes with beech and so....

Latest posts

Back