Bud "Wheat"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fratermus

Reaction score

Looks more like a wit to me. I'd be more willing to try it if it were a straight wheat (no spices).

I'll have to give that a try. Believe it or not, even Bud American Ale does have a decent taste. I like the hoppines in BAA.

I'll have to give that a try. Believe it or not, even Bud American Ale does have a decent taste. I like the hoppines in BAA.

BAA is terrible. I didn't really enjoy anything about it.

I think that Shock Top was a plot to get unsuspecting people to buy an AB product, while this is a plot to get AB drinkers to drink their wheat beer as opposed to Blue Moon. This is not directed at the craft market.

I don't think it's real...googled and can't find any info on "Bud American Wheat." And no pictures using the Bud American Ale bottles like that...

It does look like their BUD LIGHT line is going to release a wheat beer...

The Associated Press: Anheuser-Busch to launch Bud Light Golden Wheat

I's like to know the source of that ad, maybe it's a conceptual drawing....maybe they will float that if BL Wheat takes off.

I like bud amer ale...surprising....and if they did a bud amer wheat it might be "drinkable." But a bud light version of a wheat beer? That sounds just insipid.

If it's clioudy, how will they reconcile that with their ad that says dark beer is the devil?

I'm looking forward to Miller Lite Russian Imperial Stout. And Bud might sue Rogue for use of the Arrogant Bastard brand name.

Reading that link though, I suddenly have to give AB-InBev a little credit:

"We're not trying to out-craft craft. Certainly it's the personality of Bud Light but in a very different way."

At least one of their people calls it like it is.

I'm surprised that they didn't have this in the european market already. It's not too complicated making a good wheat beer. Who know's what it'll taste like.

The link in the OP does look a little fake. Why would the only ad be a picture that someone used the poster edges filter in photoshop on someone's photobucket? I call BS

I don't think it's real...googled and can't find any info on "Bud American Wheat." And no pictures using the Bud American Ale bottles like that...

It's not real; it's a concept test that a little mouse saw...

The link in the OP does look a little fake. Why would the only ad be a picture that someone used the poster edges filter in photoshop on someone's photobucket? I call BS

It's not an ad in any normal sense. I would say it would most accurately be called a "mock-up".
The .png displayed was a screenshot, cropped to remove identifying info from the source's desktop UI but otherwise unretouched.

As to photobucket, where do you post images that you want to inline into the forum? I could use my own hosting, but I am under rather draconian bandwidth restrictions.

It's not real; it's a concept test that a little mouse saw...

Yeah that's what I figured...so what more do you know about it?

I would rather have heard that they were going to beef up their "Bud American Ale" franchise with THAT than "Bud Light Wheat."

I just can't see Bud Light Wheat making it in the market place, a) it sounds discusting, and b), if they are trying to grab the "blue mooneys" share of the marketplace, them "BAW" would be more likely.

So what's next? Bud American Stout? Or would it be "Bud Light Stout?"

Oh they have a stout already...

Bare%20Knuckle%20Stout%20tap%20handle.jpg

Which, btw, doesn't the logo reming one of the "Italian Salute?" SO basically AB is giving us the finger.

:D

It's not an ad in any normal sense. I would say it would most accurately be called a "mock-up".
The .png displayed was a screenshot, cropped to remove identifying info from the source's desktop UI but otherwise unretouched.

As to photobucket, where do you post images that you want to inline into the forum? I could use my own hosting, but I am under rather draconian bandwidth restrictions.

Oh, I'm not ragging on photobucket. I didn't even reailize it was your picture. I just thought it was something you came across on the internet. No worries.

Yeah that's what I figured...so what more do you know about it?

That's basically it; the sequence of webpages in which it was displayed malfunctioned at that point so nothing further was visible.

Basically it appeared to be gathering information on how likely the viewer would be to buy this (theoretical? upcoming?) beer compared to other, comparably-priced beer.

That's basically it; the sequence of webpages in which it was displayed malfunctioned at that point so nothing further was visible.

Basically it appeared to be gathering information on how likely the viewer would be to buy this (theoretical? upcoming?) beer compared to other, comparably-priced beer.

Man that's weird that they end up going with the Bud Light Wheat Route, rather than tying it in with the Bud Amer, line of beers...Bud American Ale, despite what a lot of people who perhaps haven't tried it yet, is a surprisingly drinkable ale. I've had it both on tap and in bottles. And I have to say, it may not be a rogue dead guy, or stone arrogant bastard, or even in the same orbit as them.

But for one of the few Ales to come from a large commercial brewery in a long time, they could have done much worse....

And probably will with BL Wheat.

And I have to say, it may not be a rogue dead guy, or stone arrogant bastard, or even in the same orbit as them.

Thing is, for an average ale, I wouldn't want it to be either of those. I wouldn't expect them to release a beer that was unique. However, I had about 4 ounces of BAA before I put it down. I've had plenty of great beers that were not trying to wow people with their extreme profiles, and BAA is not one of them. If you take your average craft beer and put it next to BAA, the average craft beer still wins, not to mention how I feel about the really good ones.

Back