Bucks Electric Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AB? So they're really expensive switches. ;)

Kal

I know I shouldn't rub it in, but I won an auction on eBay for 3 of those panels. The seller kept screwing up the shipping rate, I said I wanted to cancel, and so I would leave positive feedback he sent me a panel and arm for free!! There were 4 more AB switches but I swapped them for the eaton ones I had.

I got really lucky!

So, what are you going to overkill once this is done?

Either, a gas mixer for beer gas, or a real time fermentation monitor using a parastalic pump and mass flow meter.

This project didn't keep the automation bug in check, it just opened the throttle wide open.

Holy frickin' christ, man. This is ridiculous. You have over 6 figures in gear right there if we're going by the mfg price list. Well over, probably.

Either, a gas mixer for beer gas, or a real time fermentation monitor using a parastalic pump and mass flow meter.

This project didn't keep the automation bug in check, it just opened the throttle wide open.

I have a couple of mass flow meters set aside for live fermentation monitoring. :D

What are you thinking of using the peristaltic for? I was going to see if I could get real time gravity measurements simply from CO2 flowrate totalizing. I figure it should be pretty accurate with a few correction factors added in to the mix.

Holy frickin' christ, man. This is ridiculous. You have over 6 figures in gear right there if we're going by the mfg price list. Well over, probably.

I have a couple of mass flow meters set aside for live fermentation monitoring. :D

What are you thinking of using the peristaltic for? I was going to see if I could get real time gravity measurements simply from CO2 flowrate totalizing. I figure it should be pretty accurate with a few correction factors added in to the mix.

Thanks

In reality it's about 3k. Did a lot of best offers on ebay.

The pump was a thought that I could recirc fermenting wort through the racking arm and into the dump port on my conicals.

The gas MFM idea is cool too. I think it's about 2 moles of CO2 per every mole of alcohol.

Thanks

In reality it's about 3k. Did a lot of best offers on ebay.

The pump was a thought that I could recirc fermenting wort through the racking arm and into the dump port on my conicals.

The gas MFM idea is cool too. I think it's about 2 moles of CO2 per every mole of alcohol.

Yes, ebay is awesome for industrial surplus. I got my two omega flowmeters for maybe $25 ea.

2molesCO2/1moleC2H5OH is about right. Somewhere i have the exact number. Its like 2.07 or something. This will be the next project after the brew rig is done. Hopefully I can get to it this summer.

It's my grain temp RTD at the mill, I was just verifying my BK RTD was correct. Don't worry, it's just there to verify.

Damn 10g takes a while to dissipate enough heat to whirlpool.

They were at every US nuclear power station and rarely had issues. We are talking 1500 to 2000 outage people going in and out about 2-3 times a day.

The trick is properly enrolling.

From one ex-Navy Nuke to another, Great F'ing Job! I am building an all electric rig right now. All I have successfully completed to date is making a great big mess of my garage and spending a pile of money on pieces and parts, and I will not have a quarter of the system you have. I have to get off my duff and assemble.

USN ET2 USS Enterprise RC-23 1988-1993

This deal keeps getting sweeter all the time! My hat is off to you sir...

They had those hand scanners at Equinix datacenters. I hated using them, you could feel the layers of nerd grease!

Nerd grease. Yuck.

3b3d5668-4982-440a-9306-70c1342dd45a.jpg

Ok, got some more work done on the brewery. Added a pressure xducer with solenoid so I can measure grain bed compaction in the MLT and then BK level and boil off rate. Also labeled the fermenter chillers, insulated the lines and put the coils in the last two fermenters. Also insulated the MLT and found a way to use a spray ball for sparging.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429879171.196118.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429879183.212144.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429879201.813794.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429879220.832080.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429879232.817088.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429879251.735027.jpg

Are you sure that foam on your MLT will hold up to the temps?

ItemInsulation Sheet
TypeFlexible
ColorBlack
For Use OnPipe
ItemInsulation Sheet
Length4 ft.
MaterialElastomeric
Material of ConstructionElastomeric
Sheet Size36" x 48"
Temp. Range-330 to 210 Degrees F
TypeFlexible
Width36"
Approx. ''R'' Factor4
Thickness1"
Agency ComplianceASTM C 177
StandardsASTM C 177
Wall Thickness1"
Package Quantity1

Yep

What types of glycol chillers are those... They seem compact enough for my needs. I would like to ditch the AC unit I'm repurposing now.

First, Holy. F***. Well done, all around! If someone wanted to eventually get to a level like this, would you recommend starting with just an electric manual brewery, and then transitioning to automated, or is it too much of a hassle to merge half-way through?

Second, you mentioned on one post you're nuclear trained, and on another, that you're a ST. Which is it? :p Nuke ETC(SS), Plankowner USS MISSOURI (SSN 780).

Third, did you know an EM on the CHEYENNE named Miranda? Probably would have been a 2nd Class.

First, Holy. F***. Well done, all around! If someone wanted to eventually get to a level like this, would you recommend starting with just an electric manual brewery, and then transitioning to automated, or is it too much of a hassle to merge half-way through?

Second, you mentioned on one post you're nuclear trained, and on another, that you're a ST. Which is it? :p Nuke ETC(SS), Plankowner USS MISSOURI (SSN 780).

Third, did you know an EM on the CHEYENNE named Miranda? Probably would have been a 2nd Class.

Thanks, I went the whole way at once. You could do it in modules though, just plan for it. I'm an STS2/SS when I got out in 2000, I enlisted as a EM and went to the schools, but was offered to cross rate to a ST, the nuclear part also came from refueling and fuel repair when I worked for Westinghouse. I'm a Plankowner on Cheyenne. Sonar really struck a chord with me, and I liked going on liberty and fulfilling the shower tech stereotype.

I knew a Marenio. I was the 3rd ST to get to Cheyenne. The nuc's were there a whole year prior to Coners. But the name doesn't ring a bell.

Thanks, I went the whole way at once. You could do it in modules though, just plan for it. I'm an STS2/SS when I got out in 2000, I enlisted as a EM and went to the schools, but was offered to cross rate to a ST, the nuclear part also came from refueling and fuel repair when I worked for Westinghouse. I'm a Plankowner on Cheyenne. Sonar really struck a chord with me, and I liked going on liberty and fulfilling the shower tech stereotype.

I knew a Marenio. I was the 3rd ST to get to Cheyenne. The nuc's were there a whole year prior to Coners. But the name doesn't ring a bell.

A coner who got a job at a nuke plant... crazy:D

You did well with the liberty idea, though. (Hateful) favorite memory: Getting off watch after pulling into PCAN, grumpily going to take a shower, because nukes weren't getting liberty until the next day. Sonar comes in to the head, and excitedly asks, "Can we clean the shower? We can't go on liberty until we're done cleaning the entire head." I yelled something about the injustice of it all, they yelled something about propay, I took my shower.

What a cool project... So by the looks of it those Process chillers can control the temperatures in both directions (heat or chill depending on season)? Also do you control the temperature directly on the unit (simply just hook up the inputs/outputs) or do you have some sort of secondary temperature readings within the conicals that help regulate the units?

Latest posts

Back