BruControl: Brewery control & automation software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the AREF must be tied to the 5+ on the Mega for the TF3 (10K NTC Probes) I assume that the VCC power to the TF3 is that 5 + from the Mega and not an external supply?

Or could I supply an External 5+ as long as that external 5+ was tied to the AREF as well? I am planning on running at least 12 probes.

You are so talented. Sorry for the dumb question, how does the grain get pushed from grinder? Thanks

It would really help me to know how. I think this would be really helpful to me someday. Plus I am curious. Appreciate it.

How you guys feel about a "register" device element which would allow you to store a value in the interface... which could then be used for internal PID/Hysteresis/Deadband evaluation? This would allow you to have one interface control these outputs based upon a calculated output from the BC application (example temp probe on one interface running a PID on another interface). The risk is you would have a potential run-away should the application and interface lose communications. Thoughts?

In the product note for the AA-1

Set OUTx: This potentiometer determines the OUT 1…4 output voltage when the IN1…4 input impedance is high, such as when the associated BruControl PWM/Analog Device Element is disabled or the input is unwired. Turn the potentiometer clockwise to increase the voltage, and counterclockwise to decrease it. Full counterclockwise for 0 VDC is recommended to ensure the controlled device is “off” when the Device Element is disabled. If turning clockwise, do not continue to increase the OUT 1…4 output voltage above its maximum of 5, 10 etc. VDC. This potentiometer is 25-turn, so it may take multiple turns to achieve the desired voltage.

Why would you ever want it not Zero? I plan to have it Zero, just curious.

How you guys feel about a "register" device element which would allow you to store a value in the interface... which could then be used for internal PID/Hysteresis/Deadbandy evaluation? This would allow you to have one interface control these outputs based upon a calculated output from the BC application (example temp probe on one interface running a PID on another interface). The risk is you would have a potential run-away should the application and interface lose communications. Thoughts?

I sorta do this with a Global Value Element. I set it to different values to provide scripting logic. It is similar to a register except you have to control the value via one line of script.

I use them to provide logic to turn On or Off a Pump from different Workspaces.

In fact I have a Global Value that "controls" my main Brew Script. I sometimes change that value in a different script that then causes my Brew Script to advance.

I also them in my Hop in my Hop Logic.

But this also brings up another question:

I have planned 3 Mega. One ("Unwired Mega") is going to be in its own panel box and I was intending to use that for RTDs and some unwired Digital Outs as it is easier to wire the RTDs to where I want them.

The RTDs would be used as the Input Control of some Digital Outs on my "Mega Brewery" that could be PID/Hysteresis/Deadband.

Is this a bad practice? It would be easy enough at this stage to wire the "Unwired Mega" and change it Name to "2nd Batch Mega"

Can a RP-2 take 12 VCC? Just be easier to wire but I can provide 5 VCC. I see in the schematic it says 5 v. Just wondering since the AA-1 can be 5 -24.

How you guys feel about a "register" device element which would allow you to store a value in the interface... which could then be used for internal PID/Hysteresis/Deadband evaluation? This would allow you to have one interface control these outputs based upon a calculated output from the BC application (example temp probe on one interface running a PID on another interface). The risk is you would have a potential run-away should the application and interface lose communications. Thoughts?

It would be nice to give flexibility to unique wiring layouts. It would also be nice to be able to have cascading PIDs for a fermentation chamber implementation.

60481229481__87753C54-E6F8-49C7-8914-8DBE9ED82F72.JPG

Just signed the lease at for our brewery! Should be getting the keys this week!

In progress of merging everything from my existing fermentation panel to be able to control both hot and cold side with BC on the commercial scale. Cheers!

They are connected. If you look carefully you can see the diagonal traces. This board (compared to other ones I have) has space and pads for a different module... I think the WROVER, which has some additional intermediate memory. We good!

They are connected. If you look carefully you can see the diagonal traces. This board (compared to other ones I have) has space and pads for a different module... I think the WROVER, which has some additional intermediate memory. We good!

Now the arduino core for the ESP32 needs to be updated for the RMT 1wire implementation!

Is there a way within the scripting language to know which workspace is "active" and perform trigger something else. I have tried the following with no luck.
if workspace "Brew Control" = true
if workspace "Brew Control" Active = true
if workspace "Brew Control" State = true
if workspace "Brew Control" visibility = true

Along with that is there a way in the scripting language to turn off / on the scripting panel within BruControl?

Thanks again for the help.

Is there a way within the scripting language to know which workspace is "active" and perform trigger something else. I have tried the following with no luck.
if workspace "Brew Control" = true
if workspace "Brew Control" Active = true
if workspace "Brew Control" State = true
if workspace "Brew Control" visibility = true

Along with that is there a way in the scripting language to turn off / on the scripting panel within BruControl?

Thanks again for the help.

Workspace awareness: No. This was requested and we will add it (its a low priority TBH).

Script window: No, but this is a good suggestion and we'll add it.

It does work. But, there is an implementation which uses the RMT to drive the 1wire timing for the espressif ide. More robust than the clunky version the Arduino core uses.

https://github.com/DavidAntliff/esp32-owb/blob/master/README.md

Gotcha. Yes... makes sense to use hardware for the timing. We don't sit on the read, so I am not sure it would make much of a tangible difference. 1W protocol, while convenient, is not that robust or fast (unless I am missing something with this implementation?)

Gotcha. Yes... makes sense to use hardware for the timing. We don't sit on the read, so I am not sure it would make much of a tangible difference. 1W protocol, while convenient, is not that robust or fast (unless I am missing something with this implementation?)

It is basically like having a free hardware 1wire driver (like using a ds2482). The RMT is already implemented in the arduino core, just no library for the onewire protocol is written. There is an example of driving NeoPixels with it.

On the email alert settings my SMTP server does not require a username and password (local smtp). The SMTP server is working fine as I use it for several different things on my home network. However if I don't enter a username in the account settings field I get an error when I attempt to send the test message that says that the parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string. If I enter the email address that I am sending from in the account field I get an error returned that says Syntax Error, command unrecognized. The server response was: Command not understood. This is connecting to an SMTP server running on Windows Server 2016. Is there a way to enter the "From" address and not have to populate the username field?

Can you put up some screen shots? You should be able to put in a username (from address) and no password.

I apologize for the delay. Attached are the settings as I have them currently.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 7.16.01 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 7.16.01 AM.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 7.16.14 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 7.16.14 AM.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 7.15.04 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 7.15.04 AM.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 47
Can you temporarily set a password in your server to see if the error resolves?

We will look at the issue but not sure we'll be able to duplicate it since we don't have a local SMTP server to send through. Stay tuned.

Back