British Gas Regulator Questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattdc26

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,

I am currently stationed in the United Kingdom and am in need to CO2, the problem being that they do not refill personal CO2 tanks. i have talked to the local hbs and he said i can "buy" a tank from him but he doesn't think my regulator will fit. I haven't had the chance to bring it over and see the difference but i was wondering if anyone had any random experience with brewing in other countries. Thanks!

My experience of buying American kit from the internet for use here in the UK is this. Invariably it won't fit. Best bet is to buy a uk regulator from someone like brewUk or your LHBS (although often LHBSs in the UK don't get into any of that side of things so you'll need to use one of the larger online ones for kegging equipment). Once you have that just contact your areas CO2/Beer-gas supplier for the gas and tank. My local one is almost exclusively commercial but will sell gas to retail customers if you hire the tank for a refundable deposit of £20 plus £15 per fill. This is a big tank- much bigger than the ones in pics of US setups found on here.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

thank you mcspanneri will look into the regulators, do you think these might fit on gas bottles in germany? possible move there next.

I can't speak for Germany as I've not looked into it yet (we eventually plan to move there) but there's more chance of it fitting there due to EU harmonisation than say Thailand or Egypt I'd reckon. Can you post a pic of your regulator connections and I'll do a visual comparison with mine for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah, you never know it could be a universal fitting. I can compare it to my uk spec regulator and bar the thread size I'll know if it's worth making further enquiries from a glance.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back