Brilliant Discovery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthBay

Reaction score
So, earlier, my mom stops by for a bit and brings a Bud Light. She knows i homebrew, but really doesnt like much outside of the American Light Lager category. I drink one with her, and after she leaves, i opened up the last bottle of a batch of homebrew I have... one that i didnt particularly like because of some off flavors.

Low and behold, after drinking the bud light, my less than desirable beer tasted awesome.

Lesson learned: any time you have a homebrew beer that doesnt come out the way you want it, you don't really like, etc, just slam a bud light before you drink it, and your brew will taste better than ever before!

Lol, I'll try that. About 8 months ago I made a raspberry wheat that had a smokey taste to it, I really didn't like it. Kind of found it's way to the back of my home brew collection until about a month ago when I threw 2 bottles in the fridge. Boy what a difference!! I actually lived it. Granted you had just drank some sludge light, maybe it had conditioned into a good beer.

had a cream ale i made while back, thought i messed it up pretty bad. after a few monthes sitting in the basement it turned out respectable and most people like it. Proof that time heals all, even beer.

I've only had two batches go bad (poor quality control on my part with sanitation of bottling wand). Even if a batch is almost undrinkable, I always find it better than a cheap, adjunct lager. They both tasted fine when drank after lambics.

That's really funny.

My first brew (a rather mild pale ale) turned out to be pretty disappointing to me. I thought I had screwed it up and I just wasn't happy with the taste. It has a kind of musty taste that I just didn't like. Recently I had a Magic Hat #9 and found it tasted almost identical to the one I had made. Looked up the recipe for that one and found out that except for some fruit added to the Magic Hat (that I really didn't notice tasting it), the grains and hops are almost identical. So My beer turned out good, it's just not suited to my particular tastes.

Back