Brewsy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infielders3

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I have made my fair share of fermented concoctions from beer to mead, but recently my brother was telling me about this new product available called "Brewsy." Essentially, its hook is that it can make 15% wine out of store bought juice in 5-7 days. I certainly struggle believing that timeline, but if that's the claim than so bet it. My question was has anyone here actually tried it? How does it stack up to conventional methods? Certainly, this product is not geared towards producing quality but high octane quantity... but it peaked my interest. Also, before I 'show my bro how it's really done' I wanted to see how much of it was legit. Anyone take gravity readings and verify their claims?

I have no doubt that it can make alcohol, but I struggle to think it can get to 15% in five days. That just seems crazy fast to me. I also know that when I am fermenting juice/honey I am adding yeast nutrient and a variety of other additives to aid the fermentation, and as far as I can tell there is no such care prescribed here. I certainly expect there to be off flavors but some of that care ensures that all/most of the sugar will be fermented out... I have serious doubts that this product can deliver what they're promising on that timeline without additional care. **correction** I did check Brewsy's "manual" that explains their process. The included bags of yeast do include some of the necessary elements to yield a decent product. So that is encouraging. Still, I would be very interested if someone with some actual wine making/brewing experience could give me the lowdown on this. It seems like Mr. Beer for winos, all in all the timing is ripe for something like this lol.

Brewsy's Website for the curious

Attachments

• stuff with yeast.JPG
    stuff with yeast.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 17
Why do you need a kit? Take Welch's juice, add some sugar, yeast nutrient and Turbo yeast, and yeah, you'll have wine in 5 days.

Why do you need a kit? Take Welch's juice, add some sugar, yeast nutrient and Turbo yeast, and yeah, you'll have wine in 5 days.

I agree. Costs $20 for 3 of their yeast bags, which i suppose isn't terrible but i feel like one could do better from their local wine/beer store and make something higher quality to boot. I like to know what I'm putting into my juice.

Three packs of 71B costs about $6. so $20 is not nothing.
Looks like that product is designed for folk with money to spend, no experience in making wine, and a desire to think that they want to SAY that they made some wine but are not ready (or willing) to put in any effort while wanting immediate gratification. OK. but it's hard to imagine that 12 months after purchasing this device the the buyer will be making another batch of country wine or red or white grape wine.

Back