brewsteel out of business?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to contact brewsteel for months. Seems like they're gone. Hope they get back up and running. I've heard nothing but good things about there stands.

I ordered a stand from Kurt and he never finished it until 9 months after I paid him in full and only after I began a credit card dispute. He delayed the completion date 4 times before I gave him a deadline which he missed (never even got in contact with me after the deadline was issued). I ended up getting my money refunded. I'm not surprised he is out of business. The stands looked great but horrible customer service.

I ordered a stand from Kurt and he never finished it until 9 months after I paid him in full and only after I began a credit card dispute. He delayed the completion date 4 times before I gave him a deadline which he missed (never even got in contact with me after the deadline was issued). I ended up getting my money refunded. I'm not surprised he is out of business. The stands looked great but horrible customer service.

I had a similar issue with it taking 9-10 months to get my stand. I paid in full as well but it did finally get to me. I think I was probably one of the last ones he finished before closing up shop. The quality was very good and what I expected. His electrical work was outstanding as well. There was a slight issue with how it was plumbed for propane but I am on natural gas. Thankfully I have a friend who is in the HVAC business and together we modified it and it works well now. Kurt did good work and I hope he gets back into the building of systems. However, I think what got him was his immediate success and he was not quite able to handle the deluge of work he earned.

That's too bad. All my dealings with Kurt have been positive, and although money never changed hands he seems like an upstanding dude. Most likely some personal stuff getting in the way of his side gig. I'd be inclined to cut him some slack until we hear from him directly.

That's too bad. All my dealings with Kurt have been positive, and although money never changed hands he seems like an upstanding dude. Most likely some personal stuff getting in the way of his side gig. I'd be inclined to cut him some slack until we hear from him directly.

I agree, he did everything he said he would for me, it only took 10 months to show up.

I too was a customer of Kurt and have mixed feelings. I ended up getting my stand after many months of delays and excuses. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, and eventually he came through. What originally was supposed to take two weeks (stand already built, just needed to be wired) took almost eight months. However I am local and wonder what would have happened if I wasn't. There were some problems with my system, but once he was done with it, he was done with it. No help whatsoever.

I hope he doesn't get back into the business. I like Kurt, but he shouldn't be running a business.

Latest posts

Back