Brews for when your near term pipeline is full

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkncode

Reaction score
I have sufficient beer in kegs for a couple of months but still wanted to brew so decided to try a belgium tripel at 9.5%ABV and bottle it so it can age. It will likley get bottled this comming weekend.

Thinking of what next in the the medium to long term pipeline. Probably try some other higher abv beers.

I'm not sure if I will continue with the Belgium theme and try a quad or if I should do an RIS.

I should probably do a few more beers just under 10% to perfect my process I guess but the Tripel seems good so far so im not to worried about the process as the gravity was about 1004 last weekend.

Anyone else start brewing stronger batches for aging when their immediate supply needs are well catered for?

That is what I do. If I am almost out of beer that is when I brew something light and quick. Not a RIS that won't be ready for months..... I have an Irish red ale coming up, then maybe a pale ale or cream ale. After that I should have enough on hand to do a RIS or Quad.

I'm still struggling to get enough kegs in the collection so I'm not constantly almost running out. I'm setup for 3Gallon batches which suits me great, but I really need a couple more Kegs to build up the pipeline.
Doesn't help that SWMBO keeps asking for a keg of cider too.

Anyway, when I do get around to a longer brew I want to have a go at oak aging a strong scotch ale.

Doesn't help that SWMBO keeps asking for a keg of cider too.

My Swmbo decided we need to make 30 gallons of cider to age. Now 6 of my 8 kegs are gonna be gone for a long time.:( l need more.

I have to quit fiddling with my set up and brew some beer. All I have right now is 4 gallons of RIS, 3 months into aging.

I am going to brew a couple of quick brews then do a couple more to age. Probably gonna do mostly 10 gallon batches from here on out too. Really gonna need more kegs soon.:yes:

Back