BrewPi control suggestions/advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridemywideglide

Reaction score
I posted this in the Electric forum, with no responses, thought I'd try here..

I've been accumulating parts for a long while, and I'm about ready to start my control panel. I may upgrade to a metal enclosure in the future, but for now I've got a nice piece of 1/4 acrylic that I'll build off of.

Screenshot below, wire colors I'm sure will hard to read. Coming from a 240/60A spa breaker in my house panel (US) through a 50A wall plug to the box.. Spent more time trying to learn solidworks than I intended, and still I'm sure, far below where I should be to use it properly. Some things do not have an appropriate icon. Also, not pictured, will be bus-bar strips for common and ground.
H1=Black
H2=Red
Common=White
GND=Green

4 wire into rail mount terminal blocks. Hot1 and GND up to P/S for 12v side. Hot1 to Key switch, daisy chained with Estop for 240v side. Common from key to P/S. This way hitting the Estop will not kill the Pi.
Hot1/Hot2 to Contactor (120v coil via key/Estop). Hot1 chained into all 3 SSR's, and out from each SSR to it's respective element. BK is 240v5500w, other 2 are 120v1500w.
Hot2 from Contactor to BK element. Commons from HLT and RIMS elements back to bus. And grounds from all 3 back to bus...

I'm not an electrician, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.. I've got a guy who IS an electrician, but won't be out here until August. I'd like to have a working/safe setup before then..
:mug:

BrewPi.jpg

Which version of BrewPi are you intending to use? The most popular one here is the original Arduino version and variants, which control heating and cooling to maintain temperature during fermentation. The later Spark version might do RIMS, but it's not mentioned much here. You might have more success on the official BrewPi​ website.

Back