Brewmometer from Blichmann

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpalme

Reaction score
I happen to like the adjustable thermometers from Blichmann. In the new SS Brewtech kettle I have there is a 13/16" pre-punched hole for the thermometer, has anyone used the Blichmann adjustable in the brew tech kettles? I know its a 1/2" NPT just not sure about nut size.

The oem nut takes a 3/4" socket.
The threaded section on the Brewmometer stem isn't all that long, I'm not sure one could hold everything fluid-tight with washers and gaskets through a 13/16" hole.
The better part of valor may be to buy a 13/16" hole plug and drill a proper 1/2" hole for the Brewmometer...

Cheers!

I came across a bulk head adapter for the brewtech holes that allows a 1/2" threaded im going to email brewtech and see if it'll work...

This reducer, I presume.

Good find. That'll work, but you'll need to add a washer and O-ring (flat silicone probably the best) on the outside and a washer and nut on the inside.

You'd want to get that nearly snugged down, then put some pipe tape on the Brewmometer, thread it tight to the reducer, position everything properly and then crank the reducer nut down tight.

Sounds like a plan. Please follow up with this when you're done, that reducer could be handy for others that run into the same situation...

Cheers!

Yes and for a 10 dollar bill its cheap all things considered. 35 for the whole package which is half the price of the adjustable blichmann unit.

Back