Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed,

Is there any way you could show when items are out of stock on the website?

It would make ordering easier, some items that are out of stock can be substituted, if we know they are out of stock.

We are working on that, and that will hopefully be live along with the new version of the website before the holidays. We will work with you on anything we can when something is out of stock. The website was lacking somethings that I had never anticipated being issues but with our growth have clearly become issues, and we are doing everything we can to address them.

Thanks,

Ed

Blichmann products do not qualify for any additional discounts. We are not allowed to discount the price.

Sorry,

Ed

No worries at all. I understand completely. looks like it will be getting here today. I ordered it on Saturday and it shipped on Monday and is getting here today!!! All the way from GA to Denver.

Ed. You never disappoint when I order from you :mug:

We are working on that, and that will hopefully be live along with the new version of the website before the holidays. We will work with you on anything we can when something is out of stock. The website was lacking somethings that I had never anticipated being issues but with our growth have clearly become issues, and we are doing everything we can to address them.

Thanks,

Ed

An 'out of stock' notification will be a much appreciated addition to the site. Thanks Ed.

MaltMonster said:
An 'out of stock' notification will be a much appreciated addition to the site. Thanks Ed.

I've seen it say out of stock on certain hops but I guess that's when there is like a shortage or something

I placed an order on Monday in the hopes I'd receive it by Saturday at the lastest (delivery to New York). I'm kind of on a budget lately so I opted to take a shot at the flat rate price, since usually boxes get here in two days from the time they ship it out. I realized that this was a risk and if I didn't get it in time, that's my own fault for not ponying up for faster shipping... I put a little note on the order asking that if at all possible, could the order go out on Tuesday. Even mentioned that if there was a rush processing option for a couple bucks I'd pay that, but the $19 for faster shipping is hard to justify for me.

The package was at my door on Thursday! Very impressive. Brewing today!

:D Awesome

I placed an order on Monday in the hopes I'd receive it by Saturday at the lastest (delivery to New York). I'm kind of on a budget lately so I opted to take a shot at the flat rate price, since usually boxes get here in two days from the time they ship it out. I realized that this was a risk and if I didn't get it in time, that's my own fault for not ponying up for faster shipping... I put a little note on the order asking that if at all possible, could the order go out on Tuesday. Even mentioned that if there was a rush processing option for a couple bucks I'd pay that, but the $19 for faster shipping is hard to justify for me.

The package was at my door on Thursday! Very impressive. Brewing today!

:D Awesome

Very glad to here that!

Happy brewing,

Ed

Ed,
Just gotta say. The ability to plug in my recipes & buy what I need is beyond awesome. Ordered 3 times & have been well, well pleased.
You (and my lhbs) now have my business.

Ed,

Any thought on making brew builder in metric? When scaling down a recipe or making small batch experimental batches kg and g are much easier. Or putting a us/metric conversion table on the brew builder site for us with low math skills.

Thanks

Received my first order from your company last week.... definitely not the last. Fast flat rate shipping and good prices too. It's a win win situation.

I've always been very happy with the service, quality of product and prices at BMW so even though I usually only order ingredients in a single order a year, it's been BMW the past three years and I've recommended them a lot to others. Apparently there is a new round of problems with orders. I've seen some threads over the past couple weeks pop up in other sections of HBT to only disappear to wherever those threads go (it isn't here) so it seems like a recent problem I had isn't isolated. Ok, so I guess people need to speak up and see if it gets sorted out.

I placed an order on 10/11 for an assortment of supplies and equipment. Got an email a few days later that a couple items were out of stock, even though I was allowed to order them online. I was given the choice to ship what was available with a follow up shipment of the rest. Since I was not on a tight brewing schedule I responded to ship all items together. No reason to make BMW pay for extra shipping and packaging if I didn't need it right away. Plus, the items out of stock were necessary to brewing the rest of the ingredients. So the next week the order goes out but the mini-auto siphon I ordered wasn't shipped, instead I received a full size siphon. I email and ask what they would like me to do. I get an email back to return the siphon and the mini would be sent out but they just sold the last mini so I would have to wait until the next shipment that comes at the end of the week. No big deal. I ship back the siphon I received. At the end of the week I ask whether the correct product is shipped. No, the supplier only sent regular siphons. Ok, next week, I email and this time the mini siphons didn't get sent by the supplier but it should be there on the next. Same thing the next week, which brings us to today. It's now been a month and I'm still waiting on all of my order. WTF? I know things happen but I struggle to understand how a month goes by without a product being restocked, especially since it has been available for order on the website this entire time. My patience has been thoroughly exhausted. I'm at the point where I need the mini-siphon to start packaging beer.

The other random thread on BMW in other sections seem to tell similar stories about placing orders to then learn after the fact that items are out of stock and having to wait for the order to go out.

ReverseApacheMaster said:
I've always been very happy with the service, quality of product and prices at BMW so even though I usually only order ingredients in a single order a year, it's been BMW the past three years and I've recommended them a lot to others. Apparently there is a new round of problems with orders. I've seen some threads over the past couple weeks pop up in other sections of HBT to only disappear to wherever those threads go (it isn't here) so it seems like a recent problem I had isn't isolated. Ok, so I guess people need to speak up and see if it gets sorted out.

I placed an order on 10/11 for an assortment of supplies and equipment. Got an email a few days later that a couple items were out of stock, even though I was allowed to order them online. I was given the choice to ship what was available with a follow up shipment of the rest. Since I was not on a tight brewing schedule I responded to ship all items together. No reason to make BMW pay for extra shipping and packaging if I didn't need it right away. Plus, the items out of stock were necessary to brewing the rest of the ingredients. So the next week the order goes out but the mini-auto siphon I ordered wasn't shipped, instead I received a full size siphon. I email and ask what they would like me to do. I get an email back to return the siphon and the mini would be sent out but they just sold the last mini so I would have to wait until the next shipment that comes at the end of the week. No big deal. I ship back the siphon I received. At the end of the week I ask whether the correct product is shipped. No, the supplier only sent regular siphons. Ok, next week, I email and this time the mini siphons didn't get sent by the supplier but it should be there on the next. Same thing the next week, which brings us to today. It's now been a month and I'm still waiting on all of my order. WTF? I know things happen but I struggle to understand how a month goes by without a product being restocked, especially since it has been available for order on the website this entire time. My patience has been thoroughly exhausted. I'm at the point where I need the mini-siphon to start packaging beer.

The other random thread on BMW in other sections seem to tell similar stories about placing orders to then learn after the fact that items are out of stock and having to wait for the order to go out.

I would ask for a refund and order this http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Mini-Auto-Siphon.html
I have had issues both times I ordered from BMW. I order mostly from rebel now and they ship same day and standard shipping gets it to me within about 2-3 days consistently. In my experience they are the best homebrew shop.

I was kind of hoping he'd iron this kind of stuff out but it's disappointing to see that he hasn't. He's started a great business but it's going to slip away if he can't keep the customers happy, 1 month for your order is completely unacceptable.

I decided today I'm just not in the mood to let this go on any further. I sent an email requesting a refund and was told unapologetically that it was cancelled and the refund will take a few days to process. I guess my days doing business with BMW are over.

My LHBS is doing a special event on Sunday hosting a tasting with some breweries in the development stages in the area so I'll swing by, taste some beers and buy the dang auto-siphon.

I've had the same experience with out of stock items.

Judging from my experience, their web site does not keep track of inventory. It will apparently let you order anything regardless of the quantity on hand. If someone knows different, let me know.

Apparently their tracking system for the web site is broken. I have ordered from them multiple times and I never get a tracking number e-mailed to me, nor does their web site show the number in your account if you check your order. If you call them they can tell you what the tracking number is, so it appears that the interface between their web site and their shipping software is broken. It has been this way for a while, at least for me. If anyone else is getting tracking numbers, please let me know.

I really wish they would fix these issues. I love ordering from them because their prices are good and they are very close to me (I'm a state north of them in TN), so my liquid yeast usually only spends a day in the UPS truck.

However, I don't like ordering ingredients that I think are in stock (for brewing the upcoming weekend) and then finding out (the next day) that my order is being held because something is out of stock.

It's funny, I traded emails with them several months back, when I last had troubles with them over simply failing to process an order for 3 days. I had mentioned that between that and the faact that I had repeatedly had trouble with back-ordered items holding up orders, they reassured me that they had a redesign of their site coming out over the summer that would address that concern.

My only other order with them was processed promptly, so I figured they had their order processing woes straightened out. It's been a few months since I've placed an otder with them, and it sounds like the back-order issues never got corrected. Sad to hear.

I'd really love to see them fix this issue. They're a great HBS aside from the out of stock thing. In these times, its hard to believe theres even an online vendor whose website does not reflect out of stock items. I've greatly reduced my amount of ordering from them because of this issue. Please BMW, get it fixed so I can make you my only hbs again.

I live about 100 miles from BMW and I will not order from them online ever again because of the same issues of not having what I need on hand. But when I make it to Atlanta I try to always swing by. It sucks going into the store and not leaving with everything you need. To the point that I have never left with all I need I'm usually short a few items and they have to wait till I make an order with ahbs. It sad that I always get my stuff from Austin's faster and they are in Texas than BMW that's only like a hour and a half away.

I order almost all of my recipes from Brewmaster's and outside of a couple of minor gliches for the most part have had good luck. My orders usually ship on the same day that I submit them and get to me the following day. Having said that, my order last Thursday didn't ship until yesterday (I got it today)

I have been happy with their quality and service and will continue to use them.

I'd like to see them correct the issues too, as I really like them otherwise. They have always shipped quickly for me and I get the package the next day. Their products have always been fresh (liquid yeast and grain), and the employees I've spoken to on the phone have always been nice and very willing to help.

The Brew Builder is pretty neat too.

I have been using Brewmasters Warehouse for almost two years now, both ordering online and visiting the store in person. I have always been very happy with the. Teir brew builder on the website is a great feature that Northern Brewer and Midwest could learn from.

Last week I stopped by to pick up a recipe and was told that they were out of Golden Promise that I needed for my Scottish Stout. Not a big deal, and the guy I was dealing with was very nice and helpful about it.

War did bother me, though, was when I asked about using Maris Otter instead and I was told that they actually call them the same thing. So, when you see both Mris Otter and Golden Promise advertised on their site, they actually just carry one and pull from the same bin. That is just dishonest.

As much as I have enjoyed having the convenience of a cheaper and quicker shipping than Northern Brewer and the Brew Builder feature, I think I am going to patronize another establishment from now on.

What did they say when you pointed this out to them? Are you sure they weren't just recommending a substitution? Their MO is from Crisp and their GP is from Simspons. I would be very surprised to learn that they actually mix the two grains in a single bin.

I'd also be very surprised. I've used GP from them a number of times and it tastes different than MO that I use in some things (in general I prefer the GP in most things). If they DO in fact interchange the two when out of one or the other I'd be none-too-happy. I really don't think I've personally had that experience, though. The GP, while still nice and rich, seems to me to have a slightly sweeter and less grainy malt flavor than MO.

My SWMBO just told me yesterday that there is a new HBS in Buford but I do not know how good it is. I use Just Brew It down in Jonesboro but I like going in the shop and hanging out for a while. It is a drive from you and me but I work in Peachtree City so I go during work hours, he does have flat rate shipping though. The owners name is Doug and is very knowledgeable. Its the only shop I will go to in Atl unless this new one is just as good.

http://bufordbeerandwinesupplies.com/

Thanks for the tip on the new place in Buford. I will have to go check that out. Up until now the closest places have been in Lilburn, which is just a joke, and Gainesville where he discourages all grain brewing and doesn't carry base malts.

At BMW, when I was told they were out of GP and wouldn't be getting any in until the next day, I told the guy that I was weighing whether I wanted to wait and pay shipping to get GP or if I wanted to go ahead and get the recipe with MO. He hesitated, so I said "are you out of MO, too?" He replied "yeah, we call them the same thing."

Maybe I am wrong, but to me, that meant that they only carry one or the other and use it to full the orders for both.

Like I said, I have always had good experiences with them before and have always been very happy with their customer service. The only other complaint I have ever had is that sometimes it takes several days for the to process an order. But they have always been great about following up and when I got a broken gas gauge in the mail from them, they very quickly put a new one in the mail the next day no questions asked.

Thanks for the tip on the new place in Buford. I will have to go check that out. Up until now the closest places have been in Lilburn, which is just a joke, and Gainesville where he discourages all grain brewing and doesn't carry base malts.

At BMW, when I was told they were out of GP and wouldn't be getting any in until the next day, I told the guy that I was weighing whether I wanted to wait and pay shipping to get GP or if I wanted to go ahead and get the recipe with MO. He hesitated, so I said "are you out of MO, too?" He replied "yeah, we call them the same thing."

Maybe I am wrong, but to me, that meant that they only carry one or the other and use it to full the orders for both.

There was a miscommunication here. If you go to their website, they clearly sell GP and MO as separate things.

I am wondering if they are closed this week or what.. I have always ordered from them on a tuesday morning and have my order on my doorstep thursday (every time for the past 6+ orders). I put an order in on Monday (knowing thursday was a holiday and wanting to brew on saturday). I had my order in monday am and it is still sitting on the site as pending. I did not order anything other than grains and hops (typical 2-row, 40l... trying out the sierra nevada ruthless rye clone from byo mag this month).. So I guess I am not brewing this weekend like I had planned. Anyone local there know if they are closed up this week? I looked around on their site and did not see any mention of being slow or closed

Neil

I am wondering if they are closed this week or what.. I have always ordered from them on a tuesday morning and have my order on my doorstep thursday (every time for the past 6+ orders). I put an order in on Monday (knowing thursday was a holiday and wanting to brew on saturday). I had my order in monday am and it is still sitting on the site as pending. I did not order anything other than grains and hops (typical 2-row, 40l... trying out the sierra nevada ruthless rye clone from byo mag this month).. So I guess I am not brewing this weekend like I had planned. Anyone local there know if they are closed up this week? I looked around on their site and did not see any mention of being slow or closed

Neil

I ordered from the 2 weeks ago and got an email saying they were really backed up and that they would get them out as fast as possible.

I called last Monday because it was still pending a week later. They charged my card. He moved me up to the top of the line and I received it on Wednesday and brewed past weekend.

Something is going on. Ed hasn't posted in a while and my last two orders they needed a kick in the butt to get them out the door.

Purchased a small batch of ingredients last Monday (11/12), credit card charged and still says pending on the site... never had this much trouble with them before :-\

EDIT: Called them up on 11/26, they said that they would get it shipped soon... ended up arriving that Saturday (11/30)... If you're having problems, I suggest giving them a call... they are very nice and won't bite.

Placed an order on saturday, shipped on Monday and it just showed up today (Wednesday). This is only my 2nd order but pleased so far with them. Will be brewing Raging Irish Red ale on Friday.

I will probably be calling them Friday to see what the hold up is. I myself will still buy from brewmasters even after this hiccup as I have had nothing but great service from them so far. Hopefully its just a hiccup and they will get it sorted as my main reason for buying from them is the great turn around time on orders as I can schedule my brew days around my purchase. Just wish this order had come through as my family is in town and my brother in law was looking forward to joining in on his first brew day this saturday (now its a no go)....

Neil

You can keep ordering from them if you want but after the delays and charging before shipping just to realize that one of the bags of grain was almost half a pound light when i broke it down i am done with them

Something is going on with them I agree, I live 3 miles away and buy a bunch from them. The old manager left to go work at a Brewery so I know there is has some shakeup. The new guy seems nice and accommodating, but they were out of some of the things we needed for our brew too, happens more than it should, but I think they will get it straightened out.

What concerned me more was how bare the shelves were for things like airlocks and hoses, etc. He really seems to be cranking out the grain, but the rest of the merchandising has gone downhill. We hope things improve and they catch a "second wind," they have so much potential. Their brew builder app is really great!

I placed an order 8 days ago, still pending. Figured it was due to the holiday. Stuck a simple extract brew from LHBS in for the weekend brew instead.

Hoping the MO/GP thing was just a miscommunication...

I submitted an order back on Nov 6th for a couple small keg parts ( swivel nuts, clamps, etc ). Card was charged on Nov 7th and order is still pending. An email just went out to cancel the order, especially with their notices about their Cyber Monday sale going to cause shipping delays.

Latest posts

Back