Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just placed my biggest order yet from BMW on Sunday and all of my stuff arrived at my door 3-days later. No complaints here. Sometimes if they are out of a certain item it can delay your order... but they've always come through for me so far.

This is general beer discussion, I believe it falls under that category, with all due respect.

And despite how it sounds, that's the 100% truth of the situation. And they don't even send a receipt until shipment (despite charging me already).

EDIT/UPDATE: I found the Company Reviews forum, and I'm posting in there about it.

Despite this apparently being highly unusual, this is indeed my experience with them, and I'd like to share it.

BMW is one of the online places I'm always comfortable to order from. Sometimes they get backed up with orders and they might be feeling the crunch from the latest batch of bad weather. I wouldn't worry about it.

I recently switched to BMW due to a recommendation by a friend.

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed in them. My previous experiences have been with Rebel Brewer and Austin Homebrew. Neither, on regular shipping, has ever had an order to me later than 3 days from placement.

I'm still waiting for an order I placed Mon morning, charged late Mon/early Tues, to even ship. All items appeared to be in-stock, and so far I haven't heard so much as a word from them.

I called them and they said "we're working on it. It'll probably ship tomorrow (Thurs) or Friday".

Needless to say, I WONT be brewing this weekend as planned, and I'm disappointed in the time it's taking them.

If I had to offer suggestions:
A) ALWAYS email your customers when you charge their credit card. ALWAYS email them regardless! An online copy of a receipt is useless if YOUR servers go down/crash. I kind of expected a receipt upon placing the order. That's pretty standard now. I can't recall the last place I ordered from that didn't immediately provide me with a receipt, or at least as soon as it was charged.

B)If an order's going to be taking more than 2 days to ship (2 days from placement to shipment), it'd be nice to have some sort of notification of what's going on.

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed in them. My previous experiences have been with Rebel Brewer and Austin Homebrew. Neither, on regular shipping, has ever had an order to me later than 3 days from placement.

I'm still waiting for an order I placed Mon morning, charged late Mon/early Tues, to even ship. All items appeared to be in-stock, and so far I haven't heard so much as a word from them.

I called them and they said "we're working on it. It'll probably ship tomorrow (Thurs) or Friday".

Needless to say, I WONT be brewing this weekend as planned, and I'm disappointed in the time it's taking them.

A) ALWAYS email your customers when you charge their credit card. ALWAYS email them regardless! An online copy of a receipt is useless if YOUR servers go down/crash. I kind of expected a receipt upon placing the order. That's pretty standard now. I can't recall the last place I ordered from that didn't immediately provide me with a receipt, or at least as soon as it was charged.

B)If an order's going to be taking more than 2 days to ship (2 days from placement to shipment), it'd be nice to have some sort of notification of what's going on.

That's really surprising! I sent them an email this morning about a question I had on one item, and they emailed me back in less than 10 minutes! I got an almost instant response.

BMW is one of the online places I'm always comfortable to order from. Sometimes they get backed up with orders and they might be feeling the crunch from the latest batch of bad weather. I wouldn't worry about it.

I wish I could just NOT worry about it, but I was kind of brewing on a schedule so I could have my beer ready and carb'd by Xmas. Obviously there's not much I can do about it except buy my yeast locally and go ahead and get my starter going so I'm not delayed even further.

I think my main complaint is the lack of receipt upon purchase and/or charging of my card (think about it, the receipt is stored on THEIR website's servers, and what happens if it crashes?), and the fact that they haven't notified me of any backorder/pileup/delay.

I sure hope it ships today...

That's really surprising! I sent them an email this morning about a question I had on one item, and they emailed me back in less than 10 minutes! I got an almost instant response.

Well it's somewhat reassuring to have Yooper saying they're great. At the same time, I feel like the world's out to get me also!

This is actually my 2nd botched online order this week. I ordered a subwoofer earlier this week, and somehow the credit card info got messed up in the process of them trying to run it, and I ended up getting delayed by 2 days. I'm 0 for 2 so far...

Did you use brewsaver shipping, or whatever they call it? All the companies, BMW included, use their cheap shipping options as a way to buy some flexibility for their warehouse staff. If they get slammed with orders for whatever reason, the discount shipping methods end up getting pushed back by a day or two. If you look at the shipping options, the "discount" shipping will always have a wider delivery range than any of the other options, even though it actually ends up using exactly the same service as the second cheapest option (FedEx ground, typically, where I am). It's frustrating, but this is part of the low costs. Most of the stores are operating below full capacity on any given day, and likewise even the cheap shipping will get out the door quickly. But, I've had delays like you're describing on occasion from all the major retailers. It's just a matter of odds.

I did indeed choose the saver shipping.

I usually always choose this method, and your explanation makes sense, so maybe they're slammed. I realized that the windows for shipping was wide with this option, but I've never had an experience with any HB shop actually taking anywhere NEAR the amount of time they list.

Although with the price of the cheap shipping, I can't imagine there's tons of people paying for premium shipping of any sort.

Guess we all have to have a "bad" experience at some point.

I did indeed choose the saver shipping.

I usually always choose this method, and your explanation makes sense, so maybe they're slammed. I realized that the windows for shipping was wide with this option, but I've never had an experience with any HB shop actually taking anywhere NEAR the amount of time they list.

Although with the price of the cheap shipping, I can't imagine there's tons of people paying for premium shipping of any sort.

Guess we all have to have a "bad" experience at some point.

That's the thing with the cheap shipping. The bulk of the time, it ends up being quick, but you have to pay extra to be absolutely sure that it will be. It certainly sucks if you're on the wrong end of it at the wrong time, but this is how it works with all the companies.

I had no idea that this thread even existed before today. How is that even possible? At any rate we do our best to take care of everyone that orders as fast as possible. This has not been a great week for us. Tons of orders and tons of product coming in = longer than usual. For that I am sorry.

At any rate please remember that you can PM me with any issues and I will take care of anything that I can to get your order moving.

Thanks,

Ed

It's good to hear back relatively quickly Ed, and to get some sort of info on the situation.

As MalFet pointed out, I DID choose saver shipping, and I read what I was getting into when I ordered it, so I can't say with complete honesty that I'm SURPRISED, but I am a little thrown off by it since I've never experienced a delay with a homebrew shop in the past (unless they were plain ol' OUT of something)

I'm going to PM you my order number, but seeing as you guys are swamped, I don't expect you to just drop everything and get mine out.

Thanks for your quick response on the matter.

I wouldn't really call waiting 3 days to ship a bad experience, maybe undesired but wouldn't be enough for me to stop ordering from a vendor. If they got a rush of orders it could have put them a day or two behind.

I've run into the same situations with several of the online vendors at one time or another including AHB. The important thing to me is if they answer the phone and/or email and are able to communicate the delay.

You may feel differently and are certainly entitled to that opinion, but personally I'm not seeing a problem.

I wish I could just NOT worry about it, but I was kind of brewing on a schedule so I could have my beer ready and carb'd by Xmas. Obviously there's not much I can do about it except buy my yeast locally and go ahead and get my starter going so I'm not delayed even further.

I think my main complaint is the lack of receipt upon purchase and/or charging of my card (think about it, the receipt is stored on THEIR website's servers, and what happens if it crashes?), and the fact that they haven't notified me of any backorder/pileup/delay.

I sure hope it ships today...

this is what we call a "first-world problem". Glad it worked out for you though. BMW is the best.

Yeah...everything's settled. I'll give these guys another chance with my next order!

Mods...please close/delete this thread. I don't like to keep negative comments up if an effort was made to resolve the issue, ESP when things do indeed get resolved.

glad to hear that matters have been resolved, I've spent around $2000 with brewmasters warehouse and have never had any problems with shipping or resolution of any issues. always had prompt communication if something was out of stock. between the $6.99 shipping and a 10% discount and just being good prices, I normally can't find anything anywhere else for a better price.

BMW is the ONLY vendor I patronize. They are also the only vendor I've never had an order issue with.

Yeah...everything's settled. I'll give these guys another chance with my next order!

Mods...please close/delete this thread. I don't like to keep negative comments up if an effort was made to resolve the issue, ESP when things do indeed get resolved.

Sigh...I guess that's why we suggest you email/contact the vendor before making a negative feedback. Ed is a good guy. Hope everything comes out good for you both.

I've talked to Ed, the guy that runs the place, and I think we've got things settled.

thumbs_down.gif

Smear first, actually call Ed second? Boooh.

Dang, I just ordered 6 oz of cascade for 3 different recipes and then saw this post. I'm gonna pay 12 dollars for 6 oz instead of $7.25 for 8 oz. Oh well. Next time I'll know better.

Stop kicking yourself, it hurts just to watch. I somehow found this out by accident and wish I would have also known sooner. BMW should make their deals more readily available (ie post them on the home page), I just found out about their recipe special and I've been buying from them regularly for 18 months now.

My only complaint with them is that their website doesn't reflect what's in stock. I've had 3 out of my last 4 orders with them contain something that was out of stock. For some reason, if everything is in stock, my orders usually ship next or second day. When somethings out of order, it takes them 3 or 4 days to send you an email about it. My most recent order, I emailed them about my displeasure and never even got a response. I should have called and talked to Ed about it, but i was frustrated about it and didn't want to get mad at the biggest sweetheart in the business. Ed assured me last time this happened that the inventory integration was in the next update to the site. I'll be waiting for that update till I order from them again.

They are definitely my favorite site to order from. They get my stuff here the quickest, when everything is in stock. They have the best prices of anywhere I order from, and will definitely be my go to place for a long time, once the website is updated

thumbs_down.gif

Smear first, actually call Ed second? Boooh.

No kidding. Three days is not anything to to get all worked up over. You are not the only customer. They have hundreds, if not thousands of customers. Maybe you should have called first if you you needed it in a hurry. If you need something for brewing and order online, order it sooner. I have done business with a lot of vendors here and Ed is by far the best.

Stop kicking yourself, it hurts just to watch. I somehow found this out by accident and wish I would have also known sooner. BMW should make their deals more readily available (ie post them on the home page), I just found out about their recipe special and I've been buying from them regularly for 18 months now.

If everyone gets the discount, then that completely defeats the purpose of having discount codes. Do you think they should just eliminate the discount codes and give everyone the discount?

Ed, do you have gaskets for the growlers? mine is getting pretty old and I'd like to replace it. I see that you have gaskets for the flip top bottles listed but not the growler

If everyone gets the discount, then that completely defeats the purpose of having discount codes. Do you think they should just eliminate the discount codes and give everyone the discount?

The special prices on 8oz hops isn't a discount code, it is their regular price. Just happens to be a very good price. No point in having great prices on things if no one knows about it.

The special prices on 8oz hops isn't a discount code, it is their regular price. Just happens to be a very good price. No point in having great prices on things if no one knows about it.

I'm not talking about the hops. I'm talking about the recipe discount code. Isn't that what you were talking about when you wrote "recipe special"?

LVBen said:
I'm not talking about the hops. I'm talking about the recipe discount code. Isn't that what you were talking about when you wrote "recipe special"?

I'm guessing it was the "weekly sale priced recipe" thread.

Hey there, I haven't seen the November discount code come through my email. Is the october code still valid?

That is the first I've heard of pale chocolate malt; what do you use it for that varies from standard chocolate malt?

I just now saw this- sorry to be late to respond. The pale chocolate is less roasty and harsh than the regular chocolate. I love it! It's a big part of my oatmeal stout.

Yooper said:
I just now saw this- sorry to be late to respond. The pale chocolate is less roasty and harsh than the regular chocolate. I love it! It's a big part of my oatmeal stout.

They don't list the lovibond on the site... it looks pretty fair, like 60-90L in the picture. Do you add more RB or maybe a debittered grain to make up for the loss in color?

Has anyone else seen an increase in the time their order is "pending" before being shipped? My last two orders have been delayed. I've placed nearly a dozen orders with them, but their policy used to be to contact you if an item was out of stock and either hold the order or ship the out-of-stock item once it arrived. Recently, my orders have just set "pending" for several days until I called (last order) to find out several of my ordered items were out of stock. My latest order has set for 3 days so far (not counting today) and no email explanation. While I have received a tracking number, it has, apparently, not been received by the shipper.

Our policies have not changed at all, so there is nothing different there. Sometimes we are busier than others when that happens the time to ship orders may be a little bit longer.

Thanks,

Ed

Back