Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I just looked back to the beginning of this thread and realized it was from December 2008.

I started brewing in Spring 09 and ordered ingredients for my second or third batch from BMW (first batch bought from LHBS - OUCH). I've ordered from you guys ever since. Every order i have placed with you went so smoothly and arrived so quickly that I just assumed you guys had been around for years.

Nope we started in December 2008, but we have always strived to do our best to service our customers the best we can.

Thanks,

Ed

Houston I think we have a problem, or specifically an email problem. I have the webguys looking into the emails going in and out from our site to see if everything is going through properly. In the meantime you can check the status of your order in the order history section of the website.

Sorry about the problems,

Ed

Looks to be resolved. I didn't get a shipping notice for my order last week. But I just received one for my order this week.

Thanks again!!!

Looks to be resolved. I didn't get a shipping notice for my order last week. But I just received one for my order this week.

Thanks again!!!

I think it has been addressed and fixed. If you sent an email and did not get a response please resend it, since I did not receive it.

Sorry,

Ed

I received a shipping notice e-mail with the first part of my order last week, but had a couple items on back order and didn't receive the e-mail when they shipped (although when I checked my account, I could see the tracking info).

I received the shipping notice for the order I just placed, so no problems here.

And thanks, as always, for the fast shipping!!! :rockin:

Ed,

Kudos once again for your superior service - I didnt actually place the order but my buddy ordered a ingredient kit for me to brew for him - he ordered it over the weekend and it was already to him yesterday (and sitting with me now) - can't wait to brew this one!

THANKS!

Just got my second two batch grain order, super fast and packaged expertly! You have a customer for a very long time, and I am loyal.

I hope I am not too big of a pain for you guys, I am getting creative with your brewing software and sometimes I have 4-6 specialty grains in smaller amounts, like down to 4 ounces or less. I bet it sucks to gather and weigh all them grains. If you prefer not to get orders like that, let me know and I will modify my recipes....and continue to order from you.

I hope I am not too big of a pain for you guys, I am getting creative with your brewing software and sometimes I have 4-6 specialty grains in smaller amounts, like down to 4 ounces or less. I bet it sucks to gather and weigh all them grains. If you prefer not to get orders like that, let me know and I will modify my recipes....and continue to order from you.

I am glad everyone is happy, that is the way we like it.

You are not a pain at all. 4-6 specialty grains is not a big deal at all. We want you to be able to brew the way you want to, and I hope that the Brew Builder makes that possible.

Thanks,

Ed

I also felt bad about ordering tons of packages using brew builder with small amounts of grains, but now that I've received my package, you have a customer for life. Simply fantastic service.

And that smoked malt looks really interesting!

At the risk of piling on, I just want to say how great Ed and BMW is.

I've placed numerous orders from him over the last 3 months. They always ship promptly.

I've also had an instance in about every order where he was out of a part, like a hydrometer or a yeast strain(White Labs Kolsch). He doesnt let that hold him back and gets the order out with a replacement then resends the original at no cost to us. It is so refreshing to deal with someone who has a passion for this obsession.

I am such a BMW P1 that I hold off brewing until I can get my orders from him.

Thanks again Ed. Best of Luck

I ordered a recipe a while back with less than one ounce of pale chocolate malt... Then I was a further pain by asking to have it packed separately from the rest of the recipe because I was only *really* going to use 3 grams of it. :) (Thanks, Ed!)

Edit: Oh, yeah... here's the beer. It turned out awesome!

ad1efb40.jpg

I ordered a recipe a while back with less than one ounce of pale chocolate malt... Then I was a further pain by asking to have it packed separately from the rest of the recipe because I was only *really* going to use 3 grams of it. :) (Thanks, Ed!)

Edit: Oh, yeah... here's the beer. It turned out awesome!

I see your next up is Amarillo Imperial IPA. I looked on the BMW site and saw a Simcoe/Amarillo IPA but not an imperial one, have you uploaded it yet? :mug:

I see your next up is Amarillo Imperial IPA. I looked on the BMW site and saw a Simcoe/Amarillo IPA but not an imperial one, have you uploaded it yet? :mug:

No, I haven't yet, but that seems like a worthwhile project. Give it an hour or so and I'll get it up there. I'll put "Amarillo Imperial IPA" somewhere in the name. :tank:

Edit: It's there. Note--I have not brewed it yet.

I've placed numerous orders from him over the last 3 months. They always ship promptly.

I've also had an instance in about every order where he was out of a part, like a hydrometer or a yeast strain(White Labs Kolsch). He doesnt let that hold him back and gets the order out with a replacement then resends the original at no cost to us. It is so refreshing to deal with someone who has a passion for this obsession.

I just experienced this with my last order. I'll be posting a detailed review when I get around to it, but the short version: Brewmasters Warehouse is a great company to buy from, and after one order, they've become my HBS of choice.

I justed wanted to let our extract brewers know that we are now offering Liquid Extract from a bulk source. This will allow us to have a great price on extracts $2.75 per pound, and allow extract brewers to take advantage of the brew builder without having to use cans. You can order extracts down to the ounce. We also now have Munich extract available.

so happy you guys have great prices compared to nearly everyone and much better shipping deals than anyone i feel bad for my LHBS's but i just can't afford to be spending 10-15$ more than i should be paying Plus a local 9.5% sales tax its just Insane i wanted to get a Bottling bucket and was looking at a price of 30$?!?!! you guys have definitely become my Home brew Equipment store of choice Your like the super hero in a town of villains:rockin:

Ed,
Any chance of adding in Carastan 30-37 malt?
used by Rogue in a lot of their brews
Description:
30L Great Western. A British crystal malt that can be used in a variety of beers. Slightly different flavor than American or Belgian Crystal malts. Can be used in recipes calling for British Crystal.

Great Western Malting Company
TYPE: Baird's Crystal 30/37

Moisture, % 7.2
Color, laboratory Wort, degrees Lovibond 38.0
Extract %, finely ground malt, as is 74.1
Extract %, finely ground malt, dry basis 79.9

A little more info if you need it-
Carastan Malt

Characteristics

Carastan is a malt similar to Crystal malt produces by the Crisp Malting group in the UK. The flavor, is a bit more of a Toffee sort when compared to American Crystal.
The product is sold in ranges rather than one particular Lovibond value (13 to 17L and 30 to 37L.) When formulating a recipe, I always just take the average Lovibond value and use that.
Specifications

Typical Use : Specialty Malt
Lovibond : 13 to 37L and 30 to 37L
Flavor/Aroma : Toasty, Toffee
Styles : Browns, Ambers, and Porters

I just had the pleasure of poking around your site. Very well done! I work in the web hosting industry and what you have done is a terrific idea. Ive been making wine for several years and am just starting my first batch of beer this week. I plan on doing extracts for a while, but will eventually move to all grain. Your site is very user friendly, clean, and easy for new brewers to use.

Hey Ed,

Not that it is slowing me down from ordering any as I love your site and service...but if you thought your order confirmation or shipment confirmation emails were fixed, I'd check with the geeks again ;)

But still a great site...and of course I can always use the "Order History" section of My Account to see my tracking numbers anyway
:mug:

Ed,

Any plans on adding a search function to the website for searching through the mass of recipes? (It is possible that I'm entirely overlooking it if it's already there)

Hey Ed,

Not that it is slowing me down from ordering any as I love your site and service...but if you thought your order conformation or shipment conformation emails were fixed, I'd check with the geeks again ;)

But still a great site...and of course I can always use the "Order History" section of My Account to see my tracking numbers anyway
:mug:

Really, damn I will have the web guys take a look at it. At least I am getting the contact form emails. On a funny note, when they fixed the contact form email last week, they decided to have themselves CCed on all of the incoming emails. That lasted for about 1 night, and they stopped because their Iphone was getting blown up all night long.

I just had the pleasure of poking around your site. Very well done! I work in the web hosting industry and what you have done is a terrific idea. Ive been making wine for several years and am just starting my first batch of beer this week. I plan on doing extracts for a while, but will eventually move to all grain. Your site is very user friendly, clean, and easy for new brewers to use.

Thank you very much. With out new bulk purchased extracts most of our extract recipes costs have dropped 10-15%.

Just wanted to give props, where props are due. Ed, thanks for the great service and for the quick turnaround on the shipping. You now have one more repeat customer on your list.
One thing I would like to point out is the recipe selector that matches so many recipes on this site. I just ordered Ed Worts Heffe recipe with one click... no need to build it, it was already put together. Easy as brewing all-grain !!

Thanks again !

Just wanted to give props, where props are due. Ed, thanks for the great service and for the quick turnaround on the shipping. You now have one more repeat customer on your list.
One thing I would like to point out is the recipe selector that matches so many recipes on this site. I just ordered Ed Worts Heffe recipe with one click... no need to build it, it was already put together. Easy as brewing all-grain !!

Thanks again !

Thank you I appreciate it. That is one of the great things of the Brew Builder. We have a lot of HBT favorite recipes already on the website with more added everyday.

Thanks,

Ed

Just put my order in for specialty grains and a new barley crusher.
It's great that you have the store open for pickup orders!

Just got my second order from BMW today. Made a starter tonight, gonna get working on one of the three brews I ordered. Just ridiculously stupid prices, how the hell do you stay in business. My (physical) LHBS charges $2/lb for grains and $8 for Wyeast. Your prices are, well, I'm not used to them!

Oh, and super fresh yeast. March 23, 2010. Seriously? 10 day old yeast, and that includes 3 days to ship from GA to MA. That, my friend, is impressive.

I look forward to seeing what my efficiency is. My LHBS has a not-so-good crush, I've maxed out at 70%, usually get 65%. When I crush my own grain in a Corona mill, I've had up to 80% (and this was brew-in-a-bag, I've moved to a proper cooler tun since.)

Just got my second order from BMW today. Made a starter tonight, gonna get working on one of the three brews I ordered. Just ridiculously stupid prices, how the hell do you stay in business. My (physical) LHBS charges $2/lb for grains and $8 for Wyeast. Your prices are, well, I'm not used to them!

Oh, and super fresh yeast. March 23, 2010. Seriously? 10 day old yeast, and that includes 3 days to ship from GA to MA. That, my friend, is impressive.

I look forward to seeing what my efficiency is. My LHBS has a not-so-good crush, I've maxed out at 70%, usually get 65%. When I crush my own grain in a Corona mill, I've had up to 80% (and this was brew-in-a-bag, I've moved to a proper cooler tun since.)

Thanks a lot for the nice comments. We stay in business because of people like you giving us rave reviews. The 10 day old yeast is pretty cool though. We buy yeast just about every week, from both Wyeast and White Labs, and we sell a ton of it, so freshness is not usually an issue.

Good luck with your brew, I hope it turns out wonderful.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed's crush is superb. I get 78-82% eff. Double batch sparge. 10 gallon Rubbermaid Igloo MLT. I just placed an order for a DIPA, Imp Stout, and Scottish Ale. I have made 12 AG batches so far thanks to BMW's service. My packages all arrived in 2 days. I just tooled with brew builder for the first time. I used to order bulk and weigh my grains out but that ended up with me having left over crushed grain. So brew builder gets a +5 in my book and with my efficiency being solid, I have to give BMW a shout out.

Keep up the good work Ed.

Ed's crush is superb. I get 78-82% eff. Double batch sparge. 10 gallon Rubbermaid Igloo MLT. I just placed an order for a DIPA, Imp Stout, and Scottish Ale. I have made 12 AG batches so far thanks to BMW's service. My packages all arrived in 2 days. I just tooled with brew builder for the first time. I used to order bulk and weigh my grains out but that ended up with me having left over crushed grain. So brew builder gets a +5 in my book and with my efficiency being solid, I have to give BMW a shout out.

Keep up the good work Ed.

I also get 78-80% efficiency with a double batch sparge from the BMW crush. And... I mash in a bag in my bottling bucket (just use lots of blankets to trap the heat). Every brew has received very positive comments.

I am wondering if there is a better way for me to pick a recipe? There are just SO many... and I am not sure which are good. Are the comments from people that brew the recipes?
For example if I am looking for an American IPA there are 80 of them... Other sites will have their own version and maybe a commericial clone... where do I even start to try to pick from 80? Thanks!

I am wondering if there is a better way for me to pick a recipe? There are just SO many... and I am not sure which are good. Are the comments from people that brew the recipes?
For example if I am looking for an American IPA there are 80 of them... Other sites will have their own version and maybe a commericial clone... where do I even start to try to pick from 80? Thanks!

I can totally understand how difficult it can be to pick a recipe. We are working on getting some tools installed to help with the process. Recipes that have comments and ratings are a good way to start. You can also go with the Shoultz-Meyer Brewery recipes if you are unsure. That is my brewery and I can say those beers will be very good. You can also look at just recipes from a specific brewery by clicking the link next to brewery at the bottom of the page from any recipe (excluding Anon).

Hope this helps,

Ed

+1 on everything said so far. I ordered all of my stuff for my kegerator from Ed last week. He let me know that it shipped on Saturday. Geographically, Ed is about 4,500 miles from me. Track and confirm is letting me know it will be delivered TODAY. That's 3 days. I was getting quotes of over $200 for shipping on the EXACT SAME ORDERS from other vendors. Ed - $10.20. Thanks a ton for all the help and great business. Add another lifetime customer to the list!

Back