Brewmasters on discovery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeguy07

Reaction score
I'm in Ontario and I want to watch the show brewmasters. I had seen it on discovery once but never again. Does anyone know were I can watch this show it was great. Thanks

They must have only made a few of them. I watched about 4 episodes and then i guess they pulled it off the air because i have NEVER seen it again..It was a cool show but not sure what happen to it.

I believe there were 6 episodes aired. Supposedly DFH signed up for 7 episodes so there may be one more episode coming. Great show, so of course it will get cancelled.

According to the wiki page there's only been five episodes aired and the sixth is delayed until June. Their NYC brewpub is a focus of the sixth episode, but the opening is delayed so they can't finish the show. Wiki also says a DVD of all the episodes is going to be released in June.

No, they didn't No the 6th hadn't been shot at the time the other's aired, the one about the partnership with the Italians and opening the rooftop outdoor restaurant/brewpub in New York, which no one thought to mention that there is such thing as winter in New York, and an outdoor rooftop brewpub would only be able to be open for a limited amount of time. They wanted to film the opening, but then they realized they couldn't open in the winter. Supposedly they're going to shoot the spring openning and air the episode, last I heard.

No, they didn't No the 6th hadn't been shot at the time the other's aired, the one about the partnership with the Italians and opening the rooftop outdoor restaurant/brewpub in New York, which no one thought to mention that there is such thing as winter in New York, and an outdoor rooftop brewpub would only be able to be open for a limited amount of time. They wanted to film the opening, but then they realized they couldn't open in the winter. Supposedly they're going to shoot the spring openning and air the episode, last I heard.

Not sure what you are saying but I'm not the only one here who saw episode 6. Try the search button.

Not sure what you are saying but I'm not the only one here who saw episode 6. Try the search button.

I did...From discovery.com

EPISODE GUIDE

Brew Masters Episodes

Sam Calagione, maverick, family man and entrepreneur owner of Dogfish Head Brewery travels across America and around the globe as he explores new ingredients and techniques and collaborates with other craft brewers to come up with the next great brews.

WATCH BREW MASTERS VIDEO

1)BITCHES BREW
Premiered Nov. 21 at 10 pm E/P
Sam and his brew team at Dogfish Head collaborate with Sony Records to create a new fusion beer in honor of the 40th Anniversary of the classic Miles Davis' album, "Bitches Brew." With a very tight deadline, they must formulate, tweak, produce and ship 50,000 bottles of custom beer.
WATCH VIDEO

2)CHICHA
Premiered Sunday, Nov. 28 at 10 pm E/P
Sam heads to Peru to explore an ancient corn based brew called Chicha. Since he's always looking for authentic brews, Sam decides it's worth following the ancient recipe -- including chewing up the corn to naturally speed fermentation. So it's all hands on deck in Delaware when the Dogfish staff is enlisted to use their own saliva to brew their newest craft beer.
WATCH VIDEO

3)PUNKIN & PORTAMARILLO
Premiered Monday, Nov. 29 at 10 pm E/P
Sam travels to New Zealand to make an indigenous brew for Beervana, the annual craft-brewing competition. Meanwhile, at the Milton brewery, fears of dumping a significant amount of Punkin’ Ale loom when it ends up in the wrong type of glass bottles.
WATCH VIDEO

4)GRAIN TO GLASS
Premiered Thursday, Dec. 9 at 8 pm E/P
When a company approaches Sam about making a beer out of cedar scraps salvaged from their hand-made surfboards, Dogfish jumps at the chance to create their first "cedar-fied" beer. But, the team faces a major setback when 9,000 gallons of their signature beer, 120 Minute IPA, gets flagged by Quality Control.
WATCH VIDEO

5)ANCIENT ALE
Premiered Thursday, Dec. 16 at 8 pm E/P
Dogfish Head is about to brew a batch of "Chateau Jihau," a 9000 year-old recipe based on pottery jars recovered from a village in Northern China. Sam heads to Egypt in order to bring back to life beer from one of man's earliest civilizations.
WATCH VIDEO

I count five....methinks, YOU should have tried the search button. :)

Looks like you can watch the FIVE episodes that ACTUALLY AIRED IN REAL LIFE...Here....

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/brew-masters/episodes.html

FYI, in and around the same time there were two one hour shows about homebrewing/beer that aired on different channels, but had nothing to do with Brewmaster's...perhaps you got one of those mixed up with brewmasters...

More from search.... ;)

A total of six episodes were ordered for the first season. To date, five of the six have aired. The first two episodes aired on Sunday nights at 10:00 PM EST/PST. After premiering Episode 3 on a Monday night (November 29) at 10:00 PM EST/PST, episodes 4 & 5 aired on Thursday nights at 8:00 PM EST/PST. The sixth episode remains uncompleted (see episode description below), and is slated to air sometime in 2011. A DVD release for Season 1 is tentatively set to be released on June 14, 2011.[1]

Episode 6 description-"3 Beers For Batali" 06 [2011]

Italian craft breweries are examined. Dogfish Head Brewery opens its newest restaurant: a rooftop brewpub in New York City's Eataly, and creates a series of specialty beers for the pub. [NOTE: delays in the opening of the brewpub resulted in the episode remaining incomplete. A 2011 brewpub opening date has been set, and the accompanying episode is estimated to air in June of 2011.] [3]

*whistles* :D

I did...From discovery.com

I count five....methinks, YOU should have tried the search button. :)

Looks like you can watch the FIVE episodes that ACTUALLY AIRED IN REAL LIFE...Here....

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/brew-masters/episodes.html

Wow... you have some issues with being wrong.

You might want to start here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_search

Will lead you to here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/brew-masters-ep-6-3-beers-batali-aired-scandinavia-232804/

Lol almost funny dont You know never argue with revvy and the search feature....You will lose he is a searching machine.

Seriously dude, 19 posts in three years, five of which...or is that six...happen in this thread and you're in here arguing with the master.

Puh-lease.

Epic Fail!!!! :p

Anyway, I have to go watch Scandiavision now to catch up on Nordic Sunrise with Jesper Underlaken.

Yeah, I forgot that post count equates to brewing/general knowledge... I'll make sure to keep my mouth shut next time I'm right.

Yeah...my DVR was set to record every episode of Brewmasters...

Final tally? 5...

I saved the links someone else brought up about midas's beer & the one found in Tutankhamen tombs in some mag or other. I've also found the recipe for midas touch by DFH in the recipe section. Gunna have to watch the ancient brew episode. My wife & I love fossils,archeology,& the like. This ancient beer revival is great stuff! I proud of the guy at DFH for getting into them & bringing them back for us!

Yeah, I forgot that post count equates to brewing/general knowledge... I'll make sure to keep my mouth shut next time I'm right.

So, show us the PROOF that is actually aired, and not some random guy on here saying that it was going to air the next morning. Anything??

I suspect the episode never aired either. They probably never updated the schedule guide after the got postponed. The guy never responded that he watched it, and nobody else did either.

All the official indications are that they episode has not aired, anywhere.

I just hope that they decide to get another season going or air the first 5 or 6 episode again soon. Thanks for the updates

BTW I was at the Rehobeth DFH brew pub this past weekend (45 minute wait for a table in the off season!) and had the Egyptian Ale made with tomatoes from Episode 5. It was really unique and surprisingly refreshing and crisp. Strong sweet tomato smell but not overwhelming to the taste.

Bought their last DFH Neon sign from the gift shop too!

BTW I was at the Rehobeth DFH brew pub this past weekend (45 minute wait for a table in the off season!) and had the Egyptian Ale made with tomatoes from Episode 5. It was really unique and surprisingly refreshing and crisp. Strong sweet tomato smell but not overwhelming to the taste.

Bought their last DFH Neon sign from the gift shop too!

I think the "tomato" beer was the Australian one. :p

You must've had one too many.

You can watch it online if you live where it wasn't aired. Pretty easy to find, for some people I guess.

Not sure if they will change the ending for the US airing, to show the opening but I'm sure content won't be much different as the episode follows the same format as previous episodes.

Here are the screen caps but I'm sure there will be some new reason not to think it aired. You can keep trying to make me look like a troll though.

Hmmm looking at the Scandanaivan tv show it looks like the show never aired, AND that the folks in the rest of the tread were making jokes...

I got majorly teased last night by my satalites channel info, it had brew masters episode 6 listed but some other dumb show aired.

I mean if it aired in Scandavia bully for them...and bully for you for seeing it seamus, everything we all looked at, says otherwise...I only went by the data in MY search. I never saw that original thread that you referrred, and since I have a near encyclopedic way of remembering even the most obscure threads on here, I never saw the thread. Or I would have looked at it. Hell I would have sported a beer nerd woody to find that it aired.

I HAVE been a little distracted with my surgery and recovery, to the point where I don't even know what day it is, since everyday is the same for me right now, pain and meds and doctor appointments and crap like that.

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong about stuff, but it seems you want to be trollish and rude about it more than anything else.

But it is funny if the show really aired I think there would have been a LOT more comments in that thread as well as it spilling over to the huge threads we had when the show was on, that still get regurlarly bumped . Also since just about anything obscure ends up online somewhere, there are no real looking links to streams and rapidshare files that I can find (not saying they aren't there, but I'm not seeing them, and the couple that are listed look fishy to me) and even the netflix link says the same thing as I posted, that it still has yet to air or be shot yet.

And even the article that shooter posted reiterates even from Sam that it hasn't been shot yet.

But if it's done, and it aired then that is awesome, and hopefully we'll see it soon. Like shooter said, have a beer.

*shrug*

Dude, it's this kind of thing that's not earning you any friends. Sounds like it aired on Scandivavian TV or something. Did you not get my Nordic Sunrise joke?!?!? :confused: Lighten up, it's just beer! :mug:

Also, to add fuel:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/ab-forcing-discovery-cancel-brewmasters-236305/

:D

Ha. No I just saw it actually. And nice stirring the pot in that thread. And I do get smileys. Once someone invents a satirical mark I start using it so people know I'm not as serious as I sound.

Back