BrewKeg10 WilliamsWarn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepcdan99

Reaction score
Anyone use one of these? Haven't really found squat for info/reviews. Saw more beer had a special pricing which I missed but haven't found much. Like's dislikes? I'd intend to use in my all grain brewing vs williamswarn extract kits. Thanks.

Went out on a limb and bought one. Used it twice, does what it says. I used it in my mini fridge conversion for temp control, I've brewed 2 lagers using this fermenter. Get about 2.5 of drinkable beer after everything settles out. Cold crashed and I poured the yeast it into a sanitized Mason jar and used it in the 2nd batch. I kinda like it. Definatley easier than xfer to another keg. May look at getting the 25 for 5 gal batches, I rather brew different beers and more often sometimes so...

Oh...the gasket for lid can kinda be a PITA as I dropped it in the fermenter full of wort and had to fish it out. It doesnt sit well like the normal corny, but if you are aware as I am now, it'll be fine.

Oh...the gasket for lid can kinda be a PITA as I dropped it in the fermenter full of wort and had to fish it out. It doesnt sit well like the normal corny, but if you are aware as I am now, it'll be fine.
What tricks do you recommend for it? I ordered it from MoreBeer but haven't made it over to the Concord store to pick it up yet. I bought the spunding valve and clarifier system with it as well.

I just followed the directions and all went well. Pretty basic. Just be mindful of the gasket when sealing it up so it doesnt drop in. If you have co2 with a gauge, I'd throw say 20 lbs in it and check sounding valve for accuracy. And with the pressure release valve on the lid. I put 20lbs then slowly turned the release valve on lid from the fully closed position half turns to gauge approx how many turns 20lbs, 15, 10 etc was on the lid valve. Mark it with paint marker or nail polish in fully closed position on the valve and lid that way you can gauge amount of turns. Hooe that makes any sense at all.

Best tip, and you have to clean it anyway. Open and seal it a few times, with or without pressure get feel how it closes up.

Thanks for the tip deepcdan99. I have one of these already and like it enough to get another one at that price. I just placed my order. I agree with the gasket comments. It is a but tricky the first few times but I have gotten a feel for it. The other tricky points (for me) are the geting the lid and dip tube in position without getting into the wort, and removing the collection bulb. I have used a kit and also used a partial mash extract recipe. Both have turned out nicely. The no boil kit was real easy, a bit overhopped though. My brews have been at temps of 72-74 F and they come out clean and clear.

I did not order the dosing device for putting the clarifier in. Instead I cut re-enforced tubing to size for the dose needed, added MFL and ball lock liquid out to one end, I have a barbed carbonation cap for the other end. I pull out the clarifier in a syringe and inject that into the open end of the tube. Then I press in the carb cap. There is maybe a milliliter of air bubble left in the line. Then I attach the gas to the carb cap, de-pressurize the brewkeg to a pressure less than the clarifier line, then attach the fitting to the brewkeg post.

All in all I like the unit really well. Well enough to have gotten another one and looking forward to really experimenting with this.
<edit: spelling corrections>

Last edited:
Sweet, glad I could help. I don’t use clarifying agents, extra step,that in my opinion isn’t needed. Yes I agree with the lid dipping into the wort. I don’t worry too much about it, just make sure it’s sanatized.

Glad I found this forum. Just got mine. Two of them actually so I can do a full 5 gal. Batch.

Super excited!

Just did a quick Mangrove Jacks Cider pouch kit bc I didn’t have time to brew, but was so excited to try them.

Another thing I’m really going to love is skipping chilling. Just going to dump the near boiling wort in and put in the kegerator for 24 hours or so. That’s what it usually takes for a 5 gal batch so maybe it will even be faster with these. The catch bottle came with a little note in it that says these are now different than the originals and it can withstand 100 C. Woohoo!!

Just kegged a beer today and am not going to miss all that one bit.

I’m not into pressure fermenting yet, so I just unscrewed the prv and stuck an airlock in a number two stopper. A number 3 would fit better FYI, but I had a 2 and don’t have a 3 yet.

Keep up the thoughts and tips all. Cheers!

As a test, I have split a five gallon batch of pale ale; half into the BK10 and half into a 2.5 gal keg. This batch has hit final gravity and has finished dry hopping so there is not much left to do but clarify. I am going to keep both kegs chilled at 2.5 deg C for a week or so before serving. Not sure what I expect to see. If nothing else, I expect the first glass out of the BK to be clear whereas the first pint or so out of the keg may still pick up residual yest and hops that settle out.

Hi Guys I'm new on here .
I have a WW keg 10ltr.
I love it .
Not done a bad brew yet after about 20 brews .
I've used the extract kits and FWK .
I ferment at 1.7bar as I like high carbonation.
If you follow the steps you have crystal clear good beer in a week .
Any questions fire away .

Is the Brewkeg10 okay when not doing pressure fermentation? I sometimes brew hefeweizen, and there’s lot of krausen. It seems there would not be much head space. Can I just attach a blowoff hose?

Last edited:
I've brewed ales, commons and lagers in mine without issue. I've not tried a wheat beer, but I think there's enough headspace that you'd have no trouble. If you wanted to play it safe though you could rig up a blow off hose on the gas-in ball lock connection. It's a great addition to any brew setup especially if you're interested in making super clean lagers. Cheers!

Back