Brewjacket Immersion - Lager Beer Without a Refrigerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYCHomebrewer

Reaction score
I just found this Kickstarter that I thought I would bring to people's attention and maybe spark a discussion.

Obviously space is an issue for me living in an NYC apartment and this would solve so many issues for me.

In just three days he is almost 91% of the way towards his goal so chip in a buck or two if you think it would be helpful.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/433436998/brewjacket-immersion-lager-beer-without-a-refriger

NYCHomebrewer

Disclaimer - I have already contributed so definitely have an interest in seeing this succeed.

Is it just me or is that a peltier element? I did not think they could be that efficient. There was someone here who welded a similar rig to a corny keg with poor results. If it works good on them!

It does look like some form of a Peltier or heat sink setup. Pretty cool if it works.

I've looked into using peltiers a few times in the past few years. It always comes down to two things.
1- it's hard to find a peltier big enough to actually make any measurable difference, especially with the heat that fermentation can throw off.

2 - If you do find one big enough to make a difference it is VERY inefficient, and will roughly do the same job as a small fridge, but it will cost ~4x more.

I really want to be able to use peltiers on a corny, but physics and economics are not on our side.

Back