Brewing Water Calculators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alooper86

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with brewing water profile calculators? I have used three different calculators and came up with three completely different water additions. I first used the desktop version of BeerSmith 2, then used Bru n' Water (which I ultimately used) and finally used the brewer's friend calculator. As I am new to building water profiles I have no idea which one of these calculations would be correct. I got a water analysis from Ward Laboratories and know exactly what my base water profile is, but building from here is leaving me at a loss. Any help would be much appreciated!

Yes brun water..im still learning but this program is da bomb

Does anyone have any experience with brewing water profile calculators? I have used three different calculators and came up with three completely different water additions. I first used the desktop version of BeerSmith 2, then used Bru n' Water (which I ultimately used) and finally used the brewer's friend calculator. As I am new to building water profiles I have no idea which one of these calculations would be correct. I got a water analysis from Ward Laboratories and know exactly what my base water profile is, but building from here is leaving me at a loss. Any help would be much appreciated!

I like bru'n'water, its super accurate. What is your water profile just out of interest? If you post it we can dial in the numbers and compare it to what you got.

From Ward Labs my results are as follows:
pH: 7.0
Na: 7
Ca: 15
Mg: 4
CaCO3: 54
SO4S: 9
Cl: 11
CO3: less than 1
HCO3: 16
CaCO3: 13

I used the yellow dry category in bru n water for my latest recipe of a double IPA that I am trying to mimic a Stone Ruination 2.0 in taste and mouthfeel

Back