• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Texas Brewing Rig with Mini-eHERMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goofiefoot

Reaction score
cc38ffcd.jpg

$900 - Austin, TX

craigslist post with more photos - http://austin.craigslist.org/for/5936840758.html

I built this homebrew rig in 2012, and have brewed 30+ batches, yet I have decided to sell to fund another project. The system is fully functional, and will come with everything described, ready to brew or customize to your liking. I am not willing to part anything out separately at this time.

This system is ideal for 5-10 gallon batches. The HERMS system I purchased from another brewer, and is functional, but I rarely use it, as the insulated mash tun keeps temperatures nice and steady. The stand is a 8’x2’ workbench I got from a buddy, and while I was initially nervous about combining propane burners with a wood rig, I have only encountered minor scorching over the life of the system. The lower shelf provides tons of storage for gear, and the ample top workspace is appreciated on brew day.

Comes with:

Boil Kettle – 2 brazed ½” fittings, ½” ball valve/nipple, copper/CPVC pickup tube, 6” thermometer, sight glass, CPVC whirlpool attachment

Hot Liquor Tank – 2 brazed ½” fittings, ½” ball valve/nipple, copper/CPVC pickup tube, 6” thermometer, sight glass

Mash Tun – 2 welded ½” fittings, ½” ball valve/nipple, 6” thermometer, stainless false bottom/pickup tube, insulated cover/lid, recirculation spigot

eHERMS – PID controller, temperature sensor, copper coil (in mineral oil), water heater element in glass-lid pot

Brew Stand – wood workbench with casters, electric outlets/switches, propane burners, flashing to direct heat and minimize scorching

High-Temperature March Pump

Silicone Hose

1 Propane Tank

Latest posts

Back