Brewing Ideas for a Coast Guard Auxiliary Change of Watch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeptidelphian

Reaction score
I, being the resident homebrewer for my flotilla, have been asked to brew a batch of beer for our Change of Watch ceremony this December or January. At first I was thinking a sweet stout for the weather. However, two realizations struck me.

1) It's gonna be a lunch - and I don't know what the entree will be yet.
2) Most people in the flotilla are not craft beer nerds like I am. 5-6 are, but out of the 30-40 attendees I wager most are BMCers.

Being of a nautical tradition, some sort of IPA (Celebration Ale clone) came to mind, but right now I'm at a loss.

Ideas? HELP YOUR NATION OUT BY HELPING ME BREW THE APPROPRIATE STYLE FOR THIS OCCASION! :mug:

If you can lager...I think a classic American Pilsner would make everyone happy.

I was in the Aux for 5 years (D13, DSO-CC, FC & VFC plus various staff slots at the flotilla and division and National levels). Proud of my contributions but ate up a lot of time.

Most of my Flotilla members were retired and not real craft brew savvy. I suggest a cream ale or a wheat/Wit/White ale. Easy drinking, low gravity and they won't turn off the PBR crowd. A easy drinking pale ale might be good as well. Good luck and Sempre Paratus.

Brew Yooper's Fizzy Yellow Beer. It is easy and tasty. The craft beer guys will enjoy it and the BMCers will drink it and say it's good.

BMCM USCG sends

I was in the Aux for 5 years (D13, DSO-CC, FC & VFC plus various staff slots at the flotilla and division and National levels). Proud of my contributions but ate up a lot of time.

Most of my Flotilla members were retired and not real craft brew savvy. I suggest a cream ale or a wheat/Wit/White ale. Easy drinking, low gravity and they won't turn off the PBR crowd. A easy drinking pale ale might be good as well. Good luck and Sempre Paratus.
Ah BZ shipmate! I'm VFC 053-02-76. We don't have CC's anymore. We're a bit younger of a flotilla (think middle aged, I'm way younger than average though). Cream ale or wit may be a possibility. I will have a fermentation chiller (but not enough for lagering) by mid-november.

Our CS officer liked the Sierra Nevada I offered him when I taught him wordpress.

Brew Yooper's Fizzy Yellow Beer. It is easy and tasty. The craft beer guys will enjoy it and the BMCers will drink it and say it's good.

BMCM USCG sends
Solid copy on all. Wilco.

Back